Discuss Beko Oven Fan - Ohms reading. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

V

volta

The circulation fan on my Beko oven works intermittently and gives a reading of 178 Ohms. I cant find a tech manual for beko oven fans so can someone tell me what the correct resistance reading should be.

difficult to say as the real impedance is inductive, so a measurement with a LCR meter would give a better idea to compare with the wattage of the motor. i would imagine that the motor is OK as you are getting a continuity reading. a poor connection or faulty switch is favorite in this case.

Is it a shaded pole motor like this

its identified with the copper bands around the laminated frame. If so and the coil is giving a reading I suspect its ok. even if this motor is stalled for long periods the windings will not burn out.
Check the bearings and for the fan fouling the frame as wirepuller has already said remenbering heat can affect bearings too. Telelectric has given the other option above.

If its the motor these motors are very cheap around £20 last time I got one from Espares.

Is it a shaded pole motor like this

its identified with the copper bands around the laminated frame. If so and the coil is giving a reading I suspect its ok. even if this motor is stalled for long periods the windings will not burn out.
Check the bearings and for the fan fouling the frame as wirepuller has already said remenbering heat can affect bearings too. Telelectric has given the other option above.

If its the motor these motors are very cheap around £20 last time I got one from Espares.
for £20 do they come as self-assembly as in your pic., or are they ready built? :indian_brave:

Reply to Beko Oven Fan - Ohms reading. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net