Discuss Bs7671 Ammendment 2 DPC now out in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Thanks, but that just says login session has expired. I imagine someone has screwed with the web site and it will be fixed later. This is what the IET site says about the time scales:

Draft for Public Comment: Amendment 2 to BS 7671:2018 (IET Wiring Regulations 18th Edition)

The Draft for Public Comment for BS 7671:2018+A2:2022 is available from Monday, 21 September 2020 on the BSI website.

Amendment 2 contains proposed changes throughout BS 7671, including a new Part 8: Functional Requirements.

The DPC runs until 11 December 2020 for you to view the draft and submit your comments via the process outlined on BSI’s website. The JPEL/64 committee with then review all submitted comments, and Amendment 2 is expected to publish in Spring 2022.

Thanks, but that just says login session has expired. I imagine someone has screwed with the web site and it will be fixed later. This is what the IET site says about the time scales:

Draft for Public Comment: Amendment 2 to BS 7671:2018 (IET Wiring Regulations 18th Edition)

The Draft for Public Comment for BS 7671:2018+A2:2022 is available from Monday, 21 September 2020 on the BSI website.

Amendment 2 contains proposed changes throughout BS 7671, including a new Part 8: Functional Requirements.

The DPC runs until 11 December 2020 for you to view the draft and submit your comments via the process outlined on BSI’s website. The JPEL/64 committee with then review all submitted comments, and Amendment 2 is expected to publish in Spring 2022.
It was working last night, but barely - seems like they've taken it offline while they cool the steam powered server down...

The SparkyNinja webinar was worth watching - will be on youtube soon I'm sure. One of the points they made was that only allowing comments or viewing of the DPC this way is likely a breach of various disability leglislation. No doubt they are too worried about protecting their copyright so they can make as much as possible when they finally sell it.

That link works (at least no '404 page not found') but no sign of how to access any of the documents!

Still, at least it is showing the 11th Dec now.
Based on the other recent DPCs, looks like when it's working there should be a red button that says 'read draft and comment'. Maybe the 4 comments they've had already put them off showing it to anyone else?!

In the meantime, you can comment on the critical "BS ISO 3065 Essential oil of Eucalyptus, Australian type"

That link works (at least no '404 page not found') but no sign of how to access any of the documents!

Still, at least it is showing the 11th Dec now.
You need to login top right of the web page if you haven't got an account you need to register and then login to access the documents

You need to login top right of the web page if you haven't got an account you need to register and then login to access the documents
Logged in correctly but still not getting it - they may be limiting it to x number of logged in users at once.

PDF would have been so much easier....

Logged in and this is what I get
1600790848587.png

Read draft and comment gives you part one the other parts are accessed with the links above that

Screenshot 2020-09-22 171300.png

This is what I currently get while logged in - they are clearly still having issues serving the page to people who want to read it... (different number of comments too I notice)

I could see it last night, though it was too slow to actually use, so I gave up

Last edited:
I get the above but trying to view it on a smart device like a tablet is futile it just keeps freezing.

How many of you think the difficulty of log in and not being able to comment is better and less time consuming for those that have to read them all, Oh cynical me.

Reply to Bs7671 Ammendment 2 DPC now out in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net