Discuss Bs7671 Ammendment 2 DPC now out in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

AJshep

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
For those that are interested ammendment 2 got released earlier today..

From a quick glance it looks like we will be installing AFDDs for AC final sockets and final circuits upto 32amps with the exception of some safety circuits/motor controls and lighting circuits.

Not looked to much into it yet but looks like A type Rcds should now be used for general use, the old AC RCDs can only be used where there is no chance of DC or control circuits.

Prosumers seems to be added to Part 8...

I believe that Sparkninja is putting on a webinar tonight for those that are interested.

I’ll watch the Soarky ninja webinar replay tomorrow when there’s no footy on. From the clips you have just mentioned.
Type A RCDs... Good.
AFDDs for probably all ring mains and cooker circuits domestically? Like the RCDs been introduced back in the days ?

For those that are interested ammendment 2 got released earlier today..

From a quick glance it looks like we will be installing AFDDs for AC final sockets and final circuits upto 32amps with the exception of some safety circuits/motor controls and lighting circuits.

Not looked to much into it yet but looks like A type Rcds should now be used for general use, the old AC RCDs can only be used where there is no chance of DC or control circuits.

Prosumers seems to be added to Part 8...

I believe that Sparkninja is putting on a webinar tonight for those that are interested.
Yup I've logged in to the site but can't get it to work. It's just stuck on table of contents. I'll try again later.
Thanks for the heads up.

the comments window is just a chance for the vested interests to change things once they realise how it affects profits and margins for those on the gravy train.
It has very little to do with what is best for the customer or industry. safety is secondary to profits these days.

It did say the 11th December, its plastered all over the email I received informing me of the amendment earlier.

The planned publication date is 21st Feb 2022 so I suspect someone screwed up they years and there ought to be a lot longer both for comments and for internal BSI discussions.

Watching the SparkyNinja webinar and they've just mentioned December too,
Has anyone managed to read it without it freezing.
Nope - watching the SparkyNinja webinar instead.

Didn't they release the last one as a PDF? Anyone who knows anything about websites knows that lots of people all trying to view something NEVER works unless you spend a lot, and that would reduce their profits!

Im annoyed the book is brown. Isn’t it reds turn? Or have I missed a red somewhere? I qualified under the brown 16th edition ?
Me too - still have it in fact. Can I just surrepticiously change the front and claim I've bought the new one to the NICEIC assessor? Or have they chosen a different brown?

When I first opened the page I'm sure it flashed up as 21st Oct and when I scrolled back up the page a few minutes later it was 21st Sept

Is there a timeline set down for it yet? I thought i saw somewhere that it is planned to be published in early 2022, in which case I assume that it won't be enacted until something like 1st Jan 2023?

I’ll take a look when it’s set in print , rather than speculating a draft copy, everyone getting their knickers in a twist about something that is not confirmed is pointless :)

It is definitely hard going reading through it and the typeface and the size of the text doesn't help
I think I need an exit strategy from this industry as this is looking like one amendment too far for sensible people
Forcing the installation of AFDD's while the technology is still unproven seems to be a major step backwards to improving safety unless the cost significantly reduces in the next couple of years swapping a CU will be the exception and not the norm as the cost will be prohibitively expensive for some

Reply to Bs7671 Ammendment 2 DPC now out in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net