Discuss Bs7671 Ammendment 2 DPC now out in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I don't know if I'm reading it right but it looks like they've removed the schedule of inspections for an installation certificate?

I don't know if I'm reading it right but it looks like they've removed the schedule of inspections for an installation certificate?
I think they've just reworded it so you can specify how many pages there should be with it.

There's a generic schedule on Page 216 - though plenty of software or schemes seem to prefer their own layout.

It now includes more details on RCDs - BS, Type, In and Rating (A) - which is probably a positive. Though the boxes for BS(EN) are now tiny so not sure how you would get anything in there.

I think they've just reworded it so you can specify how many pages there should be with it.
If you look at page 2 of the attached there's a green box with basic checks then at the bottom in red the schedule of inspections is crossed out.

EIC.pdf

Attachments

• EIC.pdf
    439.4 KB · Views: 24
You are correct it now only states the Certificate is only complete with the test results schedules.

If you look at page 2 of the attached there's a green box with basic checks then at the bottom in red the schedule of inspections is crossed out.

EIC.pdf

Sorry, was confusing schedule of inspections with schedule of test results.

Looks like they've included a simplified schedule of inspection on that page to which only a tick or N/A is considered appropriate? I guess that makes sense, since a lot of the full schedule is more appropriate for an EICR than the work that might generate an EIC.

Then they have a seperate longer Condition Report Inspection schedule for "Dwellings and similar premises with up to 100A supply". Though it's come out very badly in the pdf.

With the red and green text on the certs it looks like a very rough draft. Although it would be handy to cut right down on the schedule of inspections as it was made way too big on Amdt 3 of the 17th.

I've just started looking at this.
My first reaction is : so they've produced a full document (160 pages for the first of 4 parts), and not highlighted the changes. The summary of changes at the front specifically says it's not exhaustive, so are we supposed to go over the whole darned lot with the old book side by side to find the changes ?
There are long standing conventions on sidelining changes in documents, pity BSI don't seem to have heard of them.

And the choice of the term "prosumer" is really bad. It's an existing term (meaning a user, or equipment aimed at them, who is at that boundary between high end consumer and low end professional) that's been in wide use for many years.

I see what people mean about it being slow. I'd downloaded the PDF and was reading it off-line. I'm now using the online version to add comments .. a n d i t ' s p a i n f u l l y s l oooooowwwwwww

Last edited:
I've posted a comment to the effect that the way it's been done smacks of holding a sham consultation where there's no intention to geet meaningful feedback on teh changes. It's a 641 page document, with no highlighting of updates, and a list of changes that explicitly states that it's not complete - unless you make it a full time job (hand up those who have nothing better to do !) there's no way you can go through that looking for the changes.

Reply to Bs7671 Ammendment 2 DPC now out in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock