Discuss Certification software in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

I've had the pro version for a while now and this morning I upgraded to the mobile version so I can use the app on my iPad.

I installed it and went out this morning and used it on a CU change I had done, so every circuit tested and recorded on my easycert iPad app.

It is very good, as soon as I get in I upload wirelessly to my PC then either print out instantly, convert to a .PDF file and then email the certificate direct to the customer if I wish.

It is quicker than writing out onsite as it's just a click of a button and your box filled, also neater than my hand writing and looks more professional.

I used to write out rough onsite then write out neatly on a certificate when I get home that evening, but now this saves me time in the evening, it's already done in the day and ready to print.

I'm sure I will also pick up speed on the app and be filling in slightly quicker the more times I use it.

So I'm happy with it so far.

I've had the pro version for a while now and this morning I upgraded to the mobile version so I can use the app on my iPad.

I installed it and went out this morning and used it on a CU change I had done, so every circuit tested and recorded on my easycert iPad app.

It is very good, as soon as I get in I upload wirelessly to my PC then either print out instantly, convert to a .PDF file and then email the certificate direct to the customer if I wish.

It is quicker than writing out onsite as it's just a click of a button and your box filled, also neater than my hand writing and looks more professional.

I used to write out rough onsite then write out neatly on a certificate when I get home that evening, but now this saves me time in the evening, it's already done in the day and ready to print.

I'm sure I will also pick up speed on the app and be filling in slightly quicker the more times I use it.

So I'm happy with it so far.

That sounds almost like a "buy" recommendation. For the benefit of me and others how much has it all cost?

Well......I already had my iPad 2 before I had any easycert software, as my iPad has many other uses.

So the software will cost you £224 +Vat but this is for the Pro version of the computer software supplying all the different types of certificates available this also includes the activation for your IPad software.

When you work out what I've spent on buying my certificate pads from Elecsa then this software will eventually pay for its self.

(Just note that if you have an iPhone and an iPad make sure you activate the easycert software on the device you want to use, if you activate it on your phone but you really want to be able to use it on your iPad then you will have to buy an additional licence key to enable it on more devices, so get it activated right first time)

I've been using Formfill (free version) for ages now so Elecsa haven't benefitted financially for certificates for months.

Actually - anyone want to buy some Elecsa certificates????

Hi, anyone know how to change the location of saved files in the free version of castline systems' formfill? I can move the destination folders (i'm using dropbox) but then on saving a new form it reverts to the location chosen by the program.
TIA
Regards, Dave

There really is a lack of apps at this point for iPad, as I am ready to jump on the bandwagon as far as diary, crm, etc etc, but just need my technical software (I use easycert) and Easy PAT to be added confidently. Any PAT Testing iPad apps?

Are the apps quicker to use (i.e. add data as well as print from) than 'laptop/PC' versions?

the only ipad app i know that currently works is easycert so thats the one i am going for. been playing with trial version for the past week. pretty good so far

Easy Cert on the iPad is fantastic, it is SO much quicker, and just send certificates by email when done. Until recently the certificates were not fully completing, but I believe the recent release fixed this (as well as giving the new format Inspection forms for Amendment 1).

Easy PAT on the other hand, appears to be pretty useless on the iPad, at least in the way I use it (i.e. do tests on megger PAT 4D/V and then upload results to Easy PAT) - this appears to be easier on a laptop as far as I can work out so far.

Am i correct in thinking that to use easycert on an ipad/iphone you have to have the desktop version of it anyway? so you would need to run a windows pc/laptop?

install on desktop/laptop. then export as shared so it goes to easycert servers (useful as backup facility aswell) then on ipad once activated you can import certficates. open them and do your testing on-site and then just export certificate again.
on desktop/laptop just import and as easy as that.
at all times the certificates are on easycert servers so they do act as a backup system for your certs aswell

I have both desktop and iPad version, but have done all my inspections so far purely on the iPad, and sent the electronic version of the certificate to customers. This is a huge time saver, unless a customer requests a printed certificate (particularly the NICEIC version), as then it has to be imported to laptop, printer aligned, etc, etc.

still dont understand how they can offer it on MAC for ipad but you HAVE to have windows to run it as it is desktop based, bot as useful as a bag of s***te if you got a Macbook

Does anyone who uses any of this software use testers which can download the results aswell? ie megger/metrell?

Reply to Certification software in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net