Discuss Class 2 Spur to outside socket in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

In that case not sure what grounds you’ve stated unsatisfactory.

what is the actual reason stated for the coding? And what code did you give?
I went with a C2 Recommended cable change to 3 core and standard S/O plate. Posted this because I've never seen this setup and it just felt wrong.

I went with a C2 Recommended cable change to 3 core and standard S/O plate. Posted this because I've never seen this setup and it just felt wrong.
I get what your recommending, but what is your reason for the coding?

in an EICR observations you don’t put what should be there or what should be done. You put what is wrong At the time of inspection.

examples:
disconnection times not achievable due to……

potential for overload because…….

cable not sufficient current carrying capacity due to……

etc….etc…

What was the actual wording in observations for your C2?

I get what your recommending, but what is your reason for the coding?

in an EICR observations you don’t put what should be there or what should be done. You put what is wrong At the time of inspection.

examples:
disconnection times not achievable due to……

potential for overload because…….

cable not sufficient current carrying capacity due to……

etc….etc…

What was the actual wording in observations for your C2?
The C2 was simply recorded as not complying with 411.3.3 "Additional Protection by means of an RCD" The recommendation to the customer was cable and S/O change.

So i should change fuse in the FCU to 200 mA from 13 to comply ?
If it is a standard transformerless shaver socket outlet, then it is automatically restricted to 200mA internally, the upstream fuse merely needs to be sufficient to protect the cable.

If it is not a transformer or tranformerless shaver socket outlet to bs4573 it is not permitted.

The only socket outlets permitted are those detailed in the regs, ie bs1363, 546 etc.

This isn't just the regs that mandate this, it is actually law SI 1768 1994 - plug and socket regulations.

This is freely available on-line , if you do have a 2 pin eu or similar plug, then the adapter must be included, must be to standard/approved, includes a fuse, and cannot be removed without tools or may have proper shutters etc.

The C2 was simply recorded as not complying with 411.3.3 "Additional Protection by means of an RCD" The recommendation to the customer was cable and S/O change.
I'm late to this interesting party, and by heck it took a while to get going too!
So if I can be excused for buying a round of drinks and shoving a quid in the juke box after midnight.....I don't get why no one is mentioning 411.3.1.1 - having no CPC as required to each point in wiring and each accessory.
I'd have thought it was just a simple C2 for that in addition to the RCD issue? Even if the CPC ends up not going anywhere, the only dispensation in the regs for not having one at all that I'm aware of is lamp holder.
Any rate - I'm glad it was coded, needs sorting.

Reply to Class 2 Spur to outside socket in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net