Discuss Combine electricity outputs in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hey,

If I want to connect several electricity outputs to eachother, meaning for example 2 electricity plugs, 2 USB, 1 QI wireless charger and 1 USB-C, what do I need to do that?

The requirement is that there should only be one cable going from this device to the electricity plug in the wall.

Thank you!

You could ty something like this:

Avoid cheap ones!

There are many trailing sockets with multiple usb and mains sockets, but I don't know what type of mains sockets you have in Sweden. Bound to be equivalents though. I suspect you may struggle to get such a device with USB C outlets, so you may need to buy an adapter for this...readily available.

Reactions: DPG
Hey pirate,

You rock! Thank you.

Yeah, I can find extension leads with USB integrated, but unfortunately not USB-C. Will have to check how to integrate it. Any suggestions?

In sweden we have these outlets (see attached). I am thinking about if its possible to only have holes inthe desk, instead of having to have a hole in the desk.

Also, what specs are you looking at as the most important ones for the extension lead?

Combine electricity outputs Skärmavbild 2019-09-12 kl. 13.17.49 - EletriciansForums.net

Plug something like this into the usb outputs on the trailing lead:

You can get them to convert both ways, so a usb plug to usb c plug, for using an older phone charger with a phone that takes usb c

You want a quality extension with adequate current carrying capacity, whatever your standard is over there. Many of the cheap ones have substandard cables, and are of very poor, often dangerous, build quality. A recognised brand name will usually be ok, but if it's cheap, it's probably crap. It might be better5 for you to buy from a proper high street store so you can check the quality and get advice.

Hey,

If I want to connect several electricity outputs to eachother, meaning for example 2 electricity plugs, 2 USB, 1 QI wireless charger and 1 USB-C, what do I need to do that?

The requirement is that there should only be one cable going from this device to the electricity plug in the wall.

Thank you!
When you say outputs are you talking about PLCs

@pirate: Thank you. Perfect. Quite straightforward actually.

@Megawatt, @DPG: I knew I was probably using the wrong names for the electrical components. Thanks for correcting. Probably makes zero sense if you read it by the words, haha.

@pirate: Thank you. Perfect. Quite straightforward actually.

@Megawatt, @DPG: I knew I was probably using the wrong names for the electrical components. Thanks for correcting. Probably makes zero sense if you read it by the words, haha.

I think your question was easy to understand. And Pirate always gives decent answers.

Thank you. Any idea if it matters if the trailing lead has grounded sockets? In Sweden the standard is type C (non-grounded) and F (grounded). I'm asking as the non-grounded can probably be integrated more nicely into the desk.

Thank you. Any idea if it matters if the trailing lead has grounded sockets? In Sweden the standard is type C (non-grounded) and F (grounded). I'm asking as the non-grounded can probably be integrated more nicely into the desk.

Must admit I don't know enough about your system to know the answer. Although if you use non grounded then this will probably limit the types of device you can plug in?

Just use grounded, that way you will always have an option for what you plug in. The aesthetics are secondary to your safety, and that of your family
Thanks DPG for your kind comment.:)

Reactions: DPG
Thank you! So non-grounded are a bit riskier in terms of safety?

Reply to Combine electricity outputs in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock