Discuss comfused by NICEIC statement in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Is this work subject to building control?
Why is the wall being boarded over?
What was the brief given to the Builder re materials to be used, is this in the form of a written contract?
Which room is this, if it's a kitchen is the board going to be tiled once plastered?
domestic works agreement so builder solution and spec.

Walls get dot and dabbed all the time, plasterboard gets cut badly around back boxes all the time... Not a major concern. We get over it.
So the builders been kicked off and your complaining the job isn't finished?! Agree that if that circuit is energised you have some cause for complaint, other than that, stop snagging unfinished work
it's taped not locked off at fuse box. That's my big issu

Either use a metal extension box or replace backbox with a plastic plasterboard back box!

Thank you for all your feedback. Now we've established there is a clear problem with the gap around the plaster board and the work is not finished.

I can now take this to my defence solicitor for the electrician's court case against me who is sueing me for the whole contract. Yes you heard that right. The builder/plasterer is sueing me for £5000 for unfinished work. The total job only cost £2000. Goodnight thread over and thankyou

I think you will find that the general consensus is that there isn’t an issue with the gap as you call it.

Where's that thread about nightmare customers?

Take a look at my post #71, I have already given you on advice of what to do.

Reply to comfused by NICEIC statement in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

NICEIC Certification Scheme NICEIC renewal assessment debacle!
Hi All, I recently had my NICEIC renewal assessment. We are a two man band. We only carry out small local work and we are approved contractors &...
Replies
Views
Hello all I have recently installed a sub main in 4mm 3-core SWA, approx length 45 metres, to feed a small garden office. Final circuits in the...
Replies
Views
NAPIT Certification Scheme Fraudulent EICR, who to contact?
I hope somebody can help me here, I really need some advice on who to complain to in this situation please: Hello, So after months of chasing my...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I've just been perusing the AM2/E/S threads on here. Thought you might like a bit of a review. If, like I did, you find yourself...
Replies
Views
Is STROMA now owned by Certsure along with NAPIT, NICEIC and ELECSA? Edit: NAPIT took over Stroma. Certsure operate NICEIC, ELECSA and NICEIC...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock