Discuss Computer Geeks please reply in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

MDJ

Hi-All,

Basically I run a site for marine aquarists and have a problem. One of the threads one of my members posted which has dozens of replies and dozens of photos in it has crashed. I have re-booted the server and wiped out the last 5 posts in the threads via the Admin panel and still no good. When you click on the thread the screen is just white, the Admin log suggests no error, the OP wants his thread back so he can add more data, any ideas?

yeah, trouble is it only automatically backs up weekly, I do occassionally back it up daily but have been a bit lapse of late, a few hundred posts have been added M8 since the last back up, I don't want to go back to it at an earlier date for obvious reasons.

Eek. Not sure what forum software you're running but there are usually tools available that can manipulate the database directly. I'd suggest you go the the Administrators forum for the particular board you're running...if that makes sense.

Reply to Computer Geeks please reply in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

• Article
Merry Christmas from ElectriciansForums.net What a weird year we’ve had! We will need to keep our wits about us during these next couple of...
Replies
Views
Just a quickie to show you how to add a directory listing to the forum. N.B. If you want to skip all this and get Dan to do your listing for you...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Hi everybody, I've setup the new tilers directory and started to transfer old listings over to it. But it's doing my head in now. So I'll show...
Replies
Views
Some years ago when Facebook launched they were not so bad. As time went on, they joined the older crew (Yahoo and Google - And MSN, now Bing or...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock