Discuss Computer mouse in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Say again? remember I was brought up with Black and White TV and never touched a PC until the 1990s
I was brought up with a wireless running off a lead acid accumulator that was swapped weekly for a charged unit.....

Do you have a key marked Scroll Lock or some abbreviation of that?

I was brought up with a wireless running off a lead acid accumulator that was swapped weekly for a charged unit.....

I have been into the mouse software and found a link called wheel, it only says about how many lines to scroll at a time when moving the wheel, it doesn't say anything about the auto scroll which I have been using for a long time previous to the move today.

brought up with TV? bloody luxury. we has a wireless , and the only TV was the posh family end of street.

Aye .... I remember those as well.

There was a wooden case with a leather strap to carry it to the shop at the end of the street to get it charged.

our wireless plugged ito an adaptor from the scullery light. has to swap it for the iron on washday.

Have a look on the keyboard over by the number lock which is by the enter key on mine. Try pushing it and see if any lights come up or go out. Light should be out, just firing mine up to have s look.

brought up with TV? bloody luxury. we has a wireless , and the only TV was the posh family end of street.

Our family was one of two posh families in our street that had tellys and we watched the Coronation in 1953 on one of them.

There was a 60 feet high mast in the garden with a humongous aerial lashed to it and the picture was like looking through a snow storm.

I have been into the mouse software and found a link called wheel, it only says about how many lines to scroll at a time when moving the wheel, it doesn't say anything about the auto scroll which I have been using for a long time previous to the move today.

Currently I'm using the keyboard on my laptop.
When I'm in my office I have a docking station which connects, among other things. a full sized keyboard. That has a scroll lock key and it can cause some odd things to happen.

Currently I'm using the keyboard on my laptop.
When I'm in my office I have a docking station which connects, among other things. a full sized keyboard. That has a scroll lock key and it can cause some odd things to happen.
Thanks for trying to help mate, but it was dust in the end, I would have never guessed.

Thanks for trying to help mate, but it was dust in the end, I would have never guessed.
Glad you got it fixed.

This came into my works email eons ago and it might amuse you in light of the thread topic:

This apparently was a real memo sent at a computer company to its employees in all seriousness. This memo is from an unnamed computer company. It went to all field engineers about a computer peripheral problem. The author of this memo was quite serious. The engineers rolled on the floor.

[h=1]"Mouse Balls" [/h]Mouse balls are now available as FRU (Field Replacement Units). Therefore, if a mouse fails to operate or should it perform erratically, it may need a ball replacement. Because of the delicate nature of this procedure, replacement of mouse balls should only be attempted by properly trained personnel. Before proceeding, determine the type of mouse balls by examining the underside of the mouse.

Domestic balls will be larger and harder than foreign balls. Ball removal procedures differ depending upon the manufacturer of the mouse. Foreign balls can be replaced using the pop-off method. Domestic balls are replaced by the twist-off method. Mouse balls are not usually static sensitive. However, excessive handling can result in sudden discharge.

Upon completion of ball replacement, the mouse can be used immediately. It is recommended that each replacer have a pair of spare balls for maintaining optimum customer satisfaction. Any customer missing his balls should suspect local personnel of removing these necessary items. *

haha, so now we know MDJ stands for Mouse Dust J. :smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5:

Last edited by a moderator:
our wireless plugged ito an adaptor from the scullery light. has to swap it for the iron on washday.

Your place sounds like a mirror image of ours until the day a new light switch appeared on the kitchen wall with a toggle to work the light and a two pin socket to plug things into. I think it must have had a L&N feed from the fused-neutral CU.

Reply to Computer mouse in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net