Discuss Conduit/pullout needed for indoor water heater? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I have a water heater I installed 14 years ago, and its been working great. I just ran romex from the
water heater to the leads coming out of the wall. I never installed a box, nor did i run the wiring in
any kind of conduit. Now that Im selling the house I want to make sure it will pass inspection.
The house was built in 1961, its in Central Florida.

Somebody told me I would need a pull out, as well as the wire/conduit that I would use for an
air conditioner or a swimming pool. Is this correct? The water heater is indoors so i wasn't sure
if I needed all that.

He said Id need the pullout if the water heater isn't visible from where the breaker panel is, and that
a regular box would fail inspection during the sale of my house. I installed it, everything works fine, just
wanted a second opinion if this was the building code for the area.

Is this correct?
Thanks in advance

I have a water heater I installed 14 years ago, and its been working great. I just ran romex from the
water heater to the leads coming out of the wall. I never installed a box, nor did i run the wiring in
any kind of conduit. Now that Im selling the house I want to make sure it will pass inspection.
The house was built in 1961, its in Central Florida.

Somebody told me I would need a pull out, as well as the wire/conduit that I would use for an
air conditioner or a swimming pool. Is this correct? The water heater is indoors so i wasn't sure
if I needed all that.

He said Id need the pullout if the water heater isn't visible from where the breaker panel is, and that
a regular box would fail inspection during the sale of my house. I installed it, everything works fine, just
wanted a second opinion if this was the building code for the area.

Is this correct?
Thanks in advance
Centrab if you made splices it has to be in a box which is readily accessible, yes you need a disconnect at the hot water heater. You must fix the problems you have or it will fail inspection. Romex is fine for your house and does not require conduit. Install a disconnect and make the splices in an approved box

Reply to Conduit/pullout needed for indoor water heater? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net