Discuss Cooker Hood wiring Installation in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian G

DIY
Reaction score
Hi
I also posted this on the DIY Electrical Advice - Electrical Appliances Forum

My Kitchen has never had a cooker hood installed.
Where the new hood is going to be situated is some distance from any of the outlets in the kitchen ring main.
However there is a cable coming out of the wall near where the hood is going that was originally intended for one of a pair of wall lights that were never installed. the cable ends are terminated into a choc block as is the end of the other cable where the other wall light was going to be on a nearby wall.
Can I attach the cooker cable (which has no supplied plug)to the corresponding terminals in the choc block of the nearby cable, and fit a double pole fused connection unit - protected with a 13amp fuse or a 3amp to the other unused wall light cable?
Hope this makes sense
Brian

See this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cooker Hood wiring Installation in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi My Kitchen has never had a cooker hood installed. Where the new hood is going to be situated is some distance from any of the outlets in the...
Replies
Views
I need to install a floodlight for outside now its dark. Its just inside the kitchen wall to connect to the electrics. My simple idea is run a...
Replies
Views
I have had my kitchen rewired ready for a new kitchen. I was originally going to have a gas cooker so a 3 pin 13a socket was left on the end of...
Replies
Views
I have a strip light in the kitchen operated from a single switch. I want to replace it with a straight bar 4 spot array. There are three supply...
Replies
Views
Hi all We are hoping to upgrade our oven. We currently have a single integrated oven and a separate induction hob. Each has its own red switch...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock