Discuss Countrywide Repairs Offering 350 EICR's IS a Scam. AVOID in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hey all, First time posting on here.

The reason for my post is to warn others about a company called who call themselves Countrywide Repairs Ltd, who are offering a contract for 350 EICR's in a year.
Their operation is bloody brilliant. They organise phone interviews, use online contracts signature service, have people in the office who seem legit and have an aparent registered company on companies house.

They start off by saying they have changed the way they offer work to electricians due to some taking the work privately from landlords and thus not giving any referral fee to Countrywide Repairs. This has pushed them to have a fee of £3,500 to pay, £2,500 prior to any work commencing and the rest after 6 months of successful EICR's.

However, it is a scam. I fell for it and feel really stupid. There were a few warning signs and I ignored them.

Beware every electrician out there. Please be careful. They will probably continue to do this under different business names.

They are very good at what they do. They go by the names of Dan, Colin and Adam.

I am still trying to get hold of them. I am speaking with solicitors, a news organization, who are keen to catch these guys in the act. They have Scottish accents and are good talkers.

The email address they used is now not working, so I assume they have disappeared, however I do have email threads and some indication on their whereabouts due to phone calls etc.

If I get any more information about them, I will post here.

Happy New Years Guys.

Very sorry to hear that they've deceived you. I think they have been doing this under various names for years. You should never need to part with large amounts upfront for leads.

As you've got an email address, you could try doing a whois search to see who owns the domain name (the bit after @ in the email address).

Happy New Year, don't let a setback like this knock you off course.

Sorry to hear about it,

I work on the basis that anyone ringing me wanting money for anything is probably a scam or at best overpriced.

I had BT customer street calling and harassing me for years, after I made the mistake of sounding interested by their pitch for a moment, I had to say something utterly vile to a lass to make them stop! That was about 15 years ago and to this day I wont use any BT group service. Their scam was pretty nasty too- an "interpretation" that distance selling regs & cooling off didn't apply for biz 2 biz so they used high pressure sales tactics targeting small businesses with promises of customers lined up, get a verbal agreement, then use of nasty tactics debt collectors to enforce said "contract" once said victim put the phone down, realised he was being charged £400/month for a 5 minute template website, and rung back to attempt to cancel.

That scam went on for years, sad indictment that the same scumbags keep doing this, setting up over and over.

My numbers TPS registered which I think does keep a lot away, some still ignore it, a reminder of this seems to have them scuttle off.

I get a lot of companies ring me ,once a lady ring me offering we advertise in a big magazine like grand designs saying we have clients looking for electricains for some of the property's ,me putting my lip out like a fish on the phone ,her with a rod
yah ring tomorrow or send me a email ,I will vet you if you succeed. like most sparks on this forum will not go for them
or pay a ransom to be put on the books .

The reason for my post is to warn others about a company called who call themselves Countrywide Repairs Ltd, who are offering a contract for 350 EICR's in a year.
Their operation is bloody brilliant. They organise phone interviews, use online contracts signature service, have people in the office who seem legit and have an aparent registered company on companies house.

They start off by saying they have changed the way they offer work to electricians due to some taking the work privately from landlords and thus not giving any referral fee to Countrywide Repairs. This has pushed them to have a fee of £3,500 to pay, £2,500 prior to any work commencing and the rest after 6 months of successful EICR's.

However, it is a scam. I fell for it and feel really stupid. There were a few warning signs and I ignored them.

Beware every electrician out there. Please be careful. They will probably continue to do this under different business names.

They are very good at what they do. They go by the names of Dan, Colin and Adam.

I am still trying to get hold of them. I am speaking with solicitors, a news organization, who are keen to catch these guys in the act. They have Scottish accents and are good talkers.

The email address they used is now not working, so I assume they have disappeared, however I do have email threads and some indication on their whereabouts due to phone calls etc.

Happy New Years Guys.
Good afternoon
Like you I am a first time poster and also like you I was caught by this team of scammers
I would like to make contact with you if that’s possible to discuss what actions you are taking and compare with the actions we are undertaking

It’s a horrible feeling to be duped like this and I would really like to stop these horrible people from doing it again

Hope to hear from you

Happy New Years Guys.

Happy New Years Guys.
Just a call from country wide offering the same deal. I had some red flags so started Google searches to find this.

Can you get in contact with me

Regards,
Matt

Good afternoon
Like you I am a first time poster and also like you I was caught by this team of scammers
I would like to make contact with you if that’s possible to discuss what actions you are taking and compare with the actions we are undertaking

It’s a horrible feeling to be duped like this and I would really like to stop these horrible people from doing it again

Hope to hear from you
Sorry i didnt reply buddy, didnt see this, skimmed right past it!

email me and we can have a chat
Good afternoon

Hope to hear from you

sorry i have just seen this for some reason i skimmed past it.

email me and we can catch up on a way forward

<Email address removed by staff - Please use 'Start Conversation' button on the users profile to direct message them>

Last edited by a moderator:
Good afternoon

Hope to hear from you
sorry i missed thi sbuddy, i must have skimmed past it.

<Email address removed by staff - Please use 'Start Conversation' button on the users profile to direct message them>

email me and we can have a chat

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be wary of putting email addresses and phone numbers in an open forum, you're likely to get a lot of spam content when the bots find it.

Just a point chaps... I've removed the personal email addresses... we encourage you not to post your contact details publicly as these can get scraped by bots. To exchange details like that you can use the direct message/conversation facilities by clicking Start Conversation on a members profile page.

Good afternoon

Hope to hear from you
Hi bud. I got done by these last year in my first few months in business. Still not forgotten it. I want to take them down. Have you been in touch with anyone else?

Happy New Years Guys.
Hello
Just been contacted by them, they are now going by the name prudential home management, they have a website prudential home management.co.uk that lists a Dundee address that comes up as a mailbox shop when searching it.

Happy New Years Guys.
Newly set up but exactly the same scam run by.....

Prestige home management

AKA

Prudential home management

Reply to Countrywide Repairs Offering 350 EICR's IS a Scam. AVOID in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net