Discuss crabtree sb6000 prob?! in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

U

ukpablo

any pointers would be appreciated, bathroom for customer has been done, not by me............ all bonding etc ok, want a light fitting changing, property has an old crabtree sb6000 cu, no rcd on any cts.................have looked for an rcbo?! dont think thay do them! what are my options? customer does not want to spend any more cash then neccessary too.

no other work or alterations have been done to electrics either by me or bathroom fitter. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
If they dont want to spend any money ,you have to comply stick all the circuits you are working on in a sub board with a main switch RCD ,if you have a shower in the old board move it to the new board to gether with the lighting for the bathroom

just henley block it then into small sub board? tails from meter are 16mm at mo...........upgrade those too from meter to both boards with bigger earth from MET?.........what do u think?.......existing shower is fed via boiler, pump etc and not electric!

All that for a fancy light eh!..............give them the option, they will prob fit themselves and tell me to go away i think!!!

:confused:

your probably right ,how many of these "fancy" lights i have seen installed in bathrooms i had a chandaleer once 36 lamps scimmed my head as a walked in in 5/7 and just over the edge of the bath you try telling a snooty woman they cant have it there

iv seen people take the feed in and out going to the light and put it into a rcd fused spur then just have the outgoing as the feed for your light?

If your just doing a like for like replacement and the circuits conform to an earlier edition then I would say you dont need to Rcd anything

all the ccts have an earth, 16mm tails, a few shared ccts but not the one in question! they only want the light fitting replaced................should i test and fill out cert then?..........what are my options?

or just fill out a minor works?

Reply to crabtree sb6000 prob?! in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net