Discuss cscs health and safety exam in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Southern Spark

Has anyone done their health and safety exam?
I have got mine in a few days, I still remember health and safety after having it drummed in to me at college, but is there any resources online that I can use to freshen up on?
I have heard it is an absolute walk in the park. Is this still the case or has it got harder over the last few years?
thanks very much

Are you taking the CSCS or ECS exam?
I only have experience with the ECS exam, which I believe contains the same questions as in the CSCS exam, but has some extra ones relating to electrical safety.
You should be able to download the ECS questions & answers from the ECS web site.

The ECS is what you need really but if you just need to get on site the cscs card will do that for you although some sites won't let you on if you don't have the ECS. The cscs exam is very very very simple, a ten year kid could pass it. There is a book that covers both sets of questions, I'll try and find a link for you. All the questions are common sense stuff, if you fail this exam you should be thrown off the forum, its that easy to pass which is concerning due to the importance of H&S.

£5.99 in all good book shops, also in some rubbish book shops ad well ;)
510jSxW_7bL_SX300_.jpg

I wouldn't say that mate. I did mine in May and out of about 14 of us, 2 turned up without any form of ID so they were shot off, 3 never arrived at all as they were late, and 2 yes 2 failed so out of 14 it was about 50% pass rate, so on par if not a little under the 2391-10 percentage.

Thanks guys for the excellent posts. You have confirmed my suspicions. I just wanted to know whether I should be panicking or not really. I just need a cscs card to get on site, I would of preferred an ecs, but through laziness, lack of funds and not being requested by my boss I have never updated to the 17th, so I cant do the ecs. As far as I am aware the update course for the 17th starts in oct. So I will be getting my a**e into gear and getting that and 2391. Once again, thanks a lot for the posts.

As far as I'm aware, the update courses run any time, colleges usually require something like a week to 10 days notice.
The exam is done on-line and marked automatically, so there is no set date to allow for marking between one course and the next.
Many sites will allow you access if you can produce confirmation that you have booked the Health and safety exam.

ECS, easy exam, got 100% after 5mins. i read the book for a couple o hours the night before. only thing new to me was noise on site and heights of scaffold, apart from that, mainly common sense, especialy "you suspect there to be gas down a hole you need to go down" i think the options were, hold your breath, dont use any tools that cause sparks, report it and something else

Reply to cscs health and safety exam in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net