Discuss Customer dispute with supplier in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I'd be making sure that the bill is made up using the KWh rates in force for each charging period since the previous bill and not just the KWh rate that is charged now

Tell the customer to get off his backside, pick up the phone, and give them an actual reading. Then at least they can argue about the bill with the facts rather than guesswork.

oh aye! and while we're at it, grab your shovel, get down to the local power station and start hoying the coal in yer' sen!!

the price of leccy these days, the least they can do is send someone round to take a proper reading. no doubt the phone number you have to ring will be 10p a minute as well!

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by a moderator:
Mid summer is a low demand fuel season... what is been used in the long winters we have endured a lately im sure it will all fit together... what is the house heating done by and are they supplementing it by plugging in a heater somewhere .... a 2kw heater can soon ramp up the bills that are been estimated under par.

How are the rooms heated
How is the water heated
How is the food cooked
Electric shower?

Lots of questions to find out.

I did mine on 8kwh @ 12p Tony. 8kwh because I thought thats what Murdoch had said (Must learn to read one of these days :) )
SC and VAT I knew Murdoch would include them

Not knocking anyone Trev, I based the figures on "worse case".
By rights the end result should be lower.

The bit I can’t understand is it going on for so long. The customer only had to submit actual reading and it wouldn’t have got to this.

energy suppliers dont need to give an actual read up to 24 months,but if it was me I would be ringing in my readings every quater!!, this is why so many people get into difficulties. plus depending on what tariff your on can be loads of money.

Reply to Customer dispute with supplier in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net