Discuss CV grease for SDS? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Sorry mate , No idea. I would have thought that as the work rate of the cv joint is harder than the drill it would be ok but the sds grease I've used seems to be oil based and the CV grease if I remember is grey(?) maybe graphite based? Either way it's got to be better than nothing! Keep us posted.

CV grese is MoS grease which is very hard working and long lasting... it doesn't cook up like oil based grease which is why I thought of using it, but CV joints are pretty big and SDS gears are pretty small I don't know if it would be transferable.

where exactly are you greasing. The drill/ chisel 'shaft' where it goes into the 'chuck' or taking the drill appart and greasing the internals?
I will assume the drill in the chuck. I use a farly lightweight grease (bicycle lithium grease) myself. A graphite based greese would be cleaned to use though.

Nah this is in the gearing mechanism itself. On some SDSs you have to grease up a reservoir in the top of the drill, up to every 6 hours of use. you still have to grease the end of the shank of a new bit or chisel before inserting as well.

What do you mean 'cleaned', would I have to do something to it before using it?

Nah this is in the gearing mechanism itself. On some SDSs you have to grease up a reservoir in the top of the drill, up to every 6 hours of use. you still have to grease the end of the shank of a new bit or chisel before inserting as well.

What do you mean 'cleaned', would I have to do something to it before using it?

should have been 'cleaner' ie graphite based greases are not as messy as oil based grease and collect less dirt. You dont have to do anything.

I tend to grease my bits every now and again especialy the chasing ones. keep an old rag in the drill case to keep the hands a bit cleaner as well.

can't beat a good old dollop of lard. purely natural, ideal also for threading steel conduit, and any left over, you can cook your chips in it

Reply to CV grease for SDS? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

So back in the early around year 2000, I was a data networks installer and had a Bosch 24v SDS drill, it was awesome, did pretty everything I...
Replies
Views
Does anyone else get emails and phone calls from companies and agencies say we seen your CV and we want you to apply for our job. And when you...
Replies
Views
I can't find a previous thread on this topic, so here goes. There is one sort of house-brick that I dread encountering in my area - they are...
Replies
Views
Having to wire around a messed up output for a month or so. Some sort of program corruption is keeping the central lubrication system from...
Replies
Views
I'm installing smart modules in my light switches which means I need to replace the existing 25mm back boxes with 47mm ones. Downstairs all walls...
Replies
Views

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock