Discuss Dewalt multitool keeps cutting out, anyone else had this? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
My 1 year old DeWalt multitool DCD355 now only works when I start it slowly and gradually increase speed, then if I touch a surface with it it will cut out.
Has anyone else had problems with these?

The light works fine, batteries too, it's as if the auto cutoff if the blade gets jammed happens nearing full speed or on contact with anything. I should have done the 3 year warranty online.

mught even be the battery. works on a light load but can't cope with the heavier load on cutting.

I did the 3 year warranty on mine.
Unfortunately, on day 1 of year 4, the multitool conked out. The terminal blade that connects the battery sheared off completely.
I tried a solder repair but it quickly broke due to the vibrating action.
Time for a new one.

I did the 3 year warranty on mine.
Unfortunately, on day 1 of year 4, the multitool conked out. The terminal blade that connects the battery sheared off completely.
I tried a solder repair but it quickly broke due to the vibrating action.
Time for a new one.
You can buy new batteyr terminals or buy a broken tool off ebay, the battery connection bit made of black plastic is common across all 18v dewlat tools. I have repaired a sds drill for less than £20 buying parts vs nearly £200 for a new one.

also check if the brushes are sticking.

I had this problem, It was the trigger I took it out and blasted it with contact cleaner and it was fine for about 1 year.

Reply to Dewalt multitool keeps cutting out, anyone else had this? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock