Discuss Di-Log 9083P 17th Edition Multi Function Electrical Tester in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

hsharp

Hi how good or not is [FONT=Trebuchet, Trebuchet MS]Di-Log 9083P 17th Edition Multi Function Electrical Tester?[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet, Trebuchet MS]I am in the process of buying a [/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet, Trebuchet MS]secondhand[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet, Trebuchet MS] one. [/FONT]

I nearly got one a year or so back, but I got put off as apparently when you do d aloop test it can sometimes give odd readings and trip RCD's, however a lad on here had one and was very happy with his.

It depends how much you can get it for. If I could get one for £150 or less then I would probably go for it. If its around the £200 mark then I would look for a second hand fluke 1651 or 1652 for that price. They tend to get consistantly good reviews.

Hi,

A lot of my mates use the 6083P and like them. I recently retired and got myself a Megger CM500 from ebay for £80 , had it calibrated and it's fine. Reason I bought this one was because it was what I used with the company I was working for. Not the latest MFT , but it does everything you need. Used it today on a job.

Regards.

I have a Di-Log tester and hate it.

Its as if someone though 'let's make a piece of hi tech test equipment that sounds good but is possibly the hardest to use in the industry...'

It had F numbers along the top which mean absolutely nothing to anyone without the instructions to hand and I have had some very funny readings when compared to other test gear.

Let alone the whole 3 lead tests where you have to press and hold the test button! I find myself holding the two leads in my hands while having the butt of the tester on my chest and the top pressed up against the trunking while balancing the 3rd lead on my forehead and trying to press the button!

Megger testers are expensive for a reason, because they are good.

Reply to Di-Log 9083P 17th Edition Multi Function Electrical Tester in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net