Discuss does bni work in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

davetherave1979

hi all iam about to join a bni club but not to shaw about it as i will be the only electrician has any one else been a member and has it got them work i will have to get work for ever one else whos in it as wel which might be hard any info would be great

one simple answer NO !!!!! i know a Spark , Joiner, Book keeper and a Sign writer who have all left / leaving BNI when membership renews!!!

lets just say the 600 quid a year is money well spent!!! NOT!

i have attended numerous BNI meetings as a guest / potential member and its not worth it!!!

but some of the chapters have had a sparks in them for years im confused as i was first at the meeting they giveing me the first chance to join as they have intrest from a nouther company so have to make my mined up quick

interest from another comnpany, my ar*e. interest on your money in their bank, more like.

hi all iam about to join a bni club but not to shaw about it as i will be the only electrician has any one else been a member and has it got them work i will have to get work for ever one else whos in it as wel which might be hard any info would be great

Dave, that is the point of it, you WILL be the only spark. And only one solicitor, one accountant, one grass cutter .... :)

Had a bit of a run in with these the other day.. I went to a hotel (medium to large chain) to do various tasks.

This guy comes over to me wearing a BNI badge and asks me just what I thought I was doing he was the high chief or something. Turns out they had just finished their meeting there and the paid up spark had a problem with me.
I just pointed at the CU in the lobby that had our PIR label and logo on and said "just doin me job"

Then was talking to the hotel governor outside while he was having a cig, one of the BNI members come out of the main door and asks me for a business card. I asked if I was allowed to give on out, she reckons the spark is useless and she won't recommend him!!!

maybe she just wanted your details so they could turn you over later

Had a bit of a run in with these the other day.. I went to a hotel (medium to large chain) to do various tasks.

This guy comes over to me wearing a BNI badge and asks me just what I thought I was doing he was the high chief or something. Turns out they had just finished their meeting there and the paid up spark had a problem with me.
I just pointed at the CU in the lobby that had our PIR label and logo on and said "just doin me job"

Then was talking to the hotel governor outside while he was having a cig, one of the BNI members come out of the main door and asks me for a business card. I asked if I was allowed to give on out, she reckons the spark is useless and she won't recommend him!!!

I've just googled BNI, 'cos I didn't know what it was, but having spent 5 seconds researching, i must say it looks like Network Marketing to me. Stay well clear.

just kidding
turn someone over means do there place in or rob them etc

That's what I thought you meant!!!

Well don't bother me ain't my business, it's our office address printed on the cards, the unit's 12 miles away for some really stupid reason!

They both got state of the art alarms and CCTV....... oh wait our alarm guy installed it... so maybe not! lolol

The hotel manager reckons she's into swinging.. and I don't mean Glen Miller

A mate used to do it a few years ago , we all took the proverbial and called it his happy clapper club !
He soon left , the few petty little jobs he did get he never got paid for !

happy clapper club lol...!

there was a chap at the Durham one who used to get 5-6 referrals a week and they used to all stand and give an ovation to him...

lets just say you need a target audience for bni to work!! only person i saw doing good business was a local wine merchant!!

I was in BNI a few years ago and I thought it was a waste of time.

The members get 'brownie points' for passing on work to other members. It's not actually real work most of the time as the leads are not usually firmed up- they tend to be mostly tentative.

Quite a few members actively fish for work and put you down as a lead when the customer only mentions something in passing, you turn up and find out that they don't want the job done this year but were assured you wouldn't mind popping in.

They do the hard sell. Most people that are in it don't stay long (I mean people like tradespeople)

Reply to does bni work in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net