Discuss Domestic inspections in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

ChrisElectrical88

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I had a landlady phone me up today. She said she had 10+ properties she needed testing, we don't normally touch domestics but cause we have a slow week next week I thought I would throw a price her way. Quoted £20 a circuit so around £100-160 per house. She laughed and said she had been quoted £30 a house off a local firm. Is it just me but who the hell can someone price £30?

Do you know who it is that is offering this service? It is obviously of such a high quality that it should be publicised as much as possible.

Crikey that is seriously scary.

I had a landlady phone me up today. She said she had 10+ properties she needed testing, we don't normally touch domestics but cause we have a slow week next week I thought I would throw a price her way. Quoted £20 a circuit so around £100-160 per house. She laughed and said she had been quoted £30 a house off a local firm. Is it just me but who the hell can someone price £30?

You should of asked her if she can get her car MOT'd for a fiver, and if she can , why!

i'd not even open a DB for £30. got to be a drive-by cert.

She was talking about installing showers in some of the houses to me as well before she heard my price. I'd love to know what this guy has quoted for them. Would love to know who he Part P's his work with. Give them a cheeky tip off.

Typical chancer landlord or lady in this case Get it all the time on the gas side, "we have blah blah amount of properties need doing", "do the first couple cheaper then the rest at normal price". Did it once, got bitten, never again.

And back in reality land where the rest of us live.......

£30 doesn't even cover the cost of turning up.

must be the same company who beat my quote off £200 to test a 3 bed flat in Bath (parking is £10) bloke was in and out in an hour. I was then asked to then quote for a big job against him, I said not even worth my time how can you beat the price of a guy who moves the speed of sound.

I had a landlady phone me up today. She said she had 10+ properties she needed testing, we don't normally touch domestics but cause we have a slow week next week I thought I would throw a price her way. Quoted £20 a circuit so around £100-160 per house. She laughed and said she had been quoted £30 a house off a local firm. Is it just me but who the hell can someone price £30?[/QUOTE]

they cant...its lies....

Reply to Domestic inspections in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net