Discuss earth leakage??? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

Wayne Gollop

Ok.. So iv been asked to check out a friends flat in which they think there's an earth leakage? I haven't spoken to them direct,only thru the misses!! Great start!
They say that when they have there speakers on, then turn the microwave or tumble dryer etc on, they get a banging noise thru the speakers!
Any ideas?

Interference maybe there are the cables for the kitchen running alongside the speaker cables (inside the ceiling void??) so when you switch everything on the load is increased and the interference increases?

Just a guess from a trainee...

switching spikes affecting the speakers.

i have exactly the same thing at home. turning the aquarium lights on or off makes the comuter speakers crackle. switchy the stereo to radio 1 and you won't be able to tell the interference from the "music"

Happens regular to me that does.

My friends who haven't a clue about anything electrical will just phone me up out of the blue and say they have an earth leakage..............wtf?

Banging in the kitchen is only one of two things...............trainers drying out in the tumbler or.................mars bar to the cleanest guess:)

My friends who haven't a clue about anything electrical will just phone me up out of the blue and say they have an earth leakage..............wtf?

Banging in the kitchen is only one of two things...............trainers drying out in the tumbler or.................mars bar to the cleanest guess:)

Gas leak ?

centralo heating pipes just after BG have serviced the system?

water hammer Allan?...if so then the culprit is often the bog tank...fit a torbeck valve or you can get a little plastic hose that dips into the water...preventing the hammer...but if you fit one of these...dont forget to put a non-return valve in the feed pipe to the bog....

Reply to earth leakage??? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net