Currently reading:
Earth Loop Impedance Test and problem with power supply

Discuss Earth Loop Impedance Test and problem with power supply in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

As most of the main subject has been covered, I thought I'd throw this in to the mix.

I'd also be concerned about that cable running through the gas meter box, it hasn't been sealed and it looks like it is a cavity wall box. So if there was a leak, it could leak into the cavity and cause an explosive enviroment.

I would call the gas company or a good plumber to see what can be done.

I don't want to scare any one by the way, it's just an observation

Last edited by a moderator:
Below was received from Western Power

Hi Gary,

Your home is supplied by the substation to the left of you rear garden a distance of approx 70m.Your service is PME and as such the earth and phase loops are the same conductors and should have a loop impedance of 0.35 ohms or less.With a value of 363 ohms I doubt anything would work.This value is at the meter position,not at an internal socket though.I'll get this external value checked anyway by the local team and will need the main fuse to be removed for a few minutes.If you decide when its convenient during normal hours there is no charge for this.
I await your reply,thanks

As most of the main subject has been covered, I thought I'd throw this in to the mix.

I'd also be concerned about that cable running through the gas meter box, it hasn't been sealed and it looks like it is a cavity wall box. So if there was a leak, it could leak into the cavity and cause an explosive enviroment.

I would call the gas company or a good plumber to see what can be done.

I don't want to scare any one by the way, it's just an observation

Seal it with this: PURIMACHOS FJC from here:Gas Meter Housings & Accessories

Reply to Earth Loop Impedance Test and problem with power supply in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back