Discuss Elecsa Online Competency Test Advice in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

th_walking_dude

Hi, hope this is in the right place, sorry if not, I haven't used this site in a long time!

Just after a bit of advice, I've just paid for my Elecsa Part P registration and have been told that as I don't hold a testing and inspection qualification (yet, it's on the cards) that I will need to pass one of their online (open book) competency tests, this is done on the PC at home, I get 2 attempts and if I fail the second then I have to do my 2394 to get accepted, the turn around on that course is at least a couple of months assuming I pass it the first time round so I'm really not wanting to fail this test but I have no idea what it is going to ask me!

I have my 2330 level 2&3 and current 17th edition qualification (can't remember code off the top of my head)

I have had a read through approved document P and EWA act and been dipping out in and out of the On Site Guide and Regs book.

Basically I'm just hoping one of you good people has taken this test and could give me an idea what I need to study specifically to have a chance of passing!

Thanks in advance

Hi.

Ive recently passed with elecsa and too had to take the online competency test.
It really isnt too difficult, asks questions where the answerers can be found in the regs/osg/approved part p/ewa.
I think you do get two attempts but i dont remember being a time limit.

The assessor will also ask you questions, but all these can be found in the above books.

When you pass the onlint test, you print out a cert to show the guy come assessment time.

Cheers.

Ahhh nice one thanks! been suffering a bit of anxiety with this lol.

So no time limit? that's crazy, I already can't believe they let people sit it at home.

Was it like the city and guilds tests where you flag the questions and go back to them?

Also I don't suppose it told you what percentage you had to get right did it?

Thanks again for your reply :)

The test isnt designed to qualify you to be part p registered.
Its a competency test to see if you are eligible to go further with your chosen scheme provider.

You of course have to have everything else in place, have to have installed to a good standard, be competent at testing etc etc.

If my missus was to sit the test, she would fail miserably on both attempts - elecsa would then come to the conclusion that she is probably not a good candidate to continue with them - think of it that way!

Cheers.

Go to pub first, then do test you will pass it easy, it won't be that hard if you have given them money fist, good luck, late us know hare you got on

Its a competency test to see if you are eligible to go further with your chosen scheme provider.

You of course have to have everything else in place, have to have installed to a good standard, be competent at testing etc etc.

If my missus was to sit the test, she would fail miserably on both attempts - elecsa would then come to the conclusion that she is probably not a good candidate to continue with them - think of it that way!

Cheers.

Very good point, my missus would also not do too well! I think I'm just suprised you can do it at as it sounds ripe for exploitation.

The Woman I spoke to at Elecsa was very helpful but didn't know much about the test so couldn't really give me any useful info, I had assumed the questions would be up to the level of the 2394/5

Thanks for your help, its reassured me a lot.

Go to pub first, then do test you will pass it easy, it won't be that hard if you have given them money fist, good luck, late us know hare you got on

lol, thanks, hopefully not, I think I'll give it a bash tomorrow rather than waste a week studying a load of stuff that probably won't come up! Will report back here tomorrow hopefully with good news!

Cheers.
Really?
So you've heard of a lot of people who've been refused membership?
You're the only one then mate :)

Thanks for the advice guys, just took it and passed it easily, a bit pointless as it was similar to the 2382 test where you just need to be able to navigate your way through the book, anyway I'm not complaining, I'm well chuffed means I can do my 2394 in my own time now. Just have to prepare for the practical assessment in a few weeks :) Thanks again.

Reply to Elecsa Online Competency Test Advice in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net