Search the forum,

Discuss Electricfix vs Screwfix in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I looked in the Electricfix book at a socket (34494) and added 20% - £7.12 + 20% came out at £8.54 inc VAT. However in Screwfix its only £8.41 inc VAT. Am I missing something? Thought the whole point of joining Electricfix was to get a discount?

I looked in the Electricfix book at a socket (34494) and added 20% - £7.12 + 20% came out at £8.54 inc VAT. However in Screwfix its only £8.41 inc VAT. Am I missing something? Thought the whole point of joining Electricfix was to get a discount?
The standard electricfix price s/b the same (without the vat). If you go to the counter you should be getting a discount, if you're not it's possible that your "branding" is still screwfix and not electricfix (I don't use them much, but did have to pop in the other day and that's what I found they'd done with me).

The standard electricfix price s/b the same (without the vat). If you go to the counter you should be getting a discount, if you're not it's possible that your "branding" is still screwfix and not electricfix (I don't use them much, but did have to pop in the other day and that's what I found they'd done with me).

This is what I'm looking at as an example; the Electricfix price from their book they sent me and the Screwfix online price:

2-gang Black Volex Socket ref 34494 prices as one offs:

Electricfix price - £7.12 + VAT @ 20% (£1.42) = £8.54

Screwfix price - £8.41 inc VAT

So the Electricfix price appears MORE EXPENSIVE to start off with let alone the same!

I must be missing something as the other day I bought a box sinker kit (24725). Paid £164.24 inc VAT from Electrifix whereas in Screwfix it is £172.89 so I SAVED £8.65 - RESULT! Still can't figure the score with the sockets though!

The electricfix book comes out much more rarely than they update the screwfix catalogue so prices may have dropped in the latest/ online screwfix catalogue but not yet in Electricfix. I think we are on green at the moment as the latest (oh! small green book!)

The margins on kit are so small these days if the "real" trade sellers had truely different pricing the big sheds would put them out of business.

he book are wrong. Had the same previously so phoned them and confirmed book was wrong. Best thing to do i create an online account then when you log in, if you're registered to use electrifix the correct prices are shown

he book are wrong. Had the same previously so phoned them and confirmed book was wrong. Best thing to do i create an online account then when you log in, if you're registered to use electrifix the correct prices are shown

Where do u go to register for online use of electricfix. im registeried to use trade counter and have online screwfix but not
online electricfix

Where do u go to register for online use of electricfix. im registeried to use trade counter and have online screwfix but not
online electricfix

If you have your electricfix account linked to your online account, then your get electrifix prices online too. Best to ring a speak to them to do it

Reply to Electricfix vs Screwfix in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net