Discuss employment contracts in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
hi all
can anyone direct me to a standard form for a employment contract for an apprentice.
just the standard with hols ect spelled out.
unless theres more to it?

ta all
vito

Hiya

There tends to be more to it than a standard form and best to have an employment contract put in place. It will need to cover the following to ensure you are covered:

1. Commencement of employment and details of any probationary period
2. Job Title, duties and if to comply with the company's governing body or institute it's registered with
3. Place of work
4. Salary & any relevant deductions which may occur
5. Hours of work and rules
6. Overtime and the company's policy on this
7. Expenses
8. Holidays covering entitlement and procedure for booking
9. Sickness Absence - details of the company's policy on this if it has one. Some companies just do no pay and onto SSP after the qualifying days. If you have a policy then to include how to report it, including SSP
10. Termination & Notice Period
11. Retirement
12. Garden leave - this is where you can request the employee to serve their notice at home and gives various instances
13. Disciplinary & Grievance procedures
14. Pensions and company's position on it
15. Collective Agreements - if member of a union and there is an agreement which may affect their employment
16. Changes to Terms of Employment - summary of when it would be notified to the employee and in writing
17. Confidential Info - ie client details, company's confidential info etc
18. Post termination restrictions
19. Company Property
20. Third party rights.

I hope this helps! Have a good weekend!

T.

Reply to employment contracts in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net