Discuss Exporting Earth on TT system in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dunelm

Working on supplying three phase power to a new shed in a farmyard. Running armoured underground. I was going to connect the armour to the earth rod at the Main DB then use the armour at the other end in the new shed as the earth in the new shed, bonding all extraneous metalwork to it. Is this acceptable or do I have to use insulating gland at new shed end and new earth rod there? Some confusion, as all existing outlying building have no earth rods of their own, just rely on cable armour back to main earth rod.

OP
D

DurhamSparky

connect one side to current arrangement and connect other side to another rod as well........!!!

telectrix

Disrespected Scouser
Electrician's Arms
Trainee Access
as steve said. rod it at both ends. the more rods the better. bit of luck , if you use 5/8 screwed together rods, go deep, you might even make engineer54 happy.

OP
D

Deleted member 26818

as steve said. rod it at both ends. the more rods the better. bit of luck , if you use 5/8 screwed together rods, go deep, you might even make engineer54 happy.
Yeah right, in your dreams.

OP
D

DurhamSparky

wonder how deep you will have to go to make e54 happy!! would hate to be his doctor!

OP
E

Engineer54

Ha ha!! .... Just the use of ''Real'' earth rods will make me happy!! lol!!

Preferably, at least 2 of your 1.2 m rods coupled together for depth and stability. As for how deep i normally go down, ...well i haven't used anything other than 3.2m, 3/4'' rods for as far back as i can remember now, so i guess that would be the depth i'm happiest with...lol!!

OP
D

DurhamSparky

i dont mind going down as requested, just dont like to tackle shrubs and growth that normally gets in the way... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrician Talk