Discuss fire alarm and emergency light testing in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

cagedanimal2010

hi guys,
for my old company i did all the em test and fire alarm test, the question is now im going at it alone can i continue to do this or is there a qualification i need? also where can u get the certs from??
cheers in advance guys!!!

Quite a few C&G training centres now do a Fire alarms and emergency light course. They normally cover the BS 5839-1 and 5839-6 (dwellings) fire alarms and the BS 5266 for emergency lighting.

I know if your NICEIC they actually do testing forms for these and they supply them. If you a registered with the NICEIC as a domestic installer for example, they will supply you the fire and emergency forms but they are a different colour to the ones that the registered fire and emergency guys use.

Similar as the EIC for NICEIC is one colour but they will supply the non registered forms to non members.

You do not need any qualification to test fire alarm & em Light, which personally i think is wrong, please remember you are responsible for the correct opperation of the said system by your signature on the test certificate, I always advise the new btec modules conducted inhouse or by colleges for fire and em are a good place to start. I personally advised that IEE and BS5839 part 1 plus bs5266 are one and all and all work together.

Reply to fire alarm and emergency light testing in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, just looking for some advice, Do you need any governing body to be able to do Fire alarm & EM testing? Im awaiting my NIC or Napit but im...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have two questions regarding wiring and containment on commercial property stairwells in Ireland. We are currently wiring a 3 story...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Please may I ask if light fixtures must now always be fitted by an electrician? also for domestic homes, is it okay for there to be a...
Replies
Views
I tested a self test emergency lighting with three gears .While testing 2 of the gear doesn't passed 3 hour test but 1 Did Wit the same battery ?Why?
Replies
Views
Anyone ever took part in any of the virtual classroom training sold by the NICEIC? Interested in learning more about fire alarm systems and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock