Discuss Fire alarm system in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

Eason

Hi all,
Old 15th edition apprentice (236 pt1 & 2 & C course project pass) with a few questions. Would really appreciate advice.
I am involved in refurbishing a multi occupancy commercial premise and would like advice as below. Initially the system would cover an area of approx 30 x 20M consisting of approx 9 separate rooms. All rooms have vision panels to communal corridor.
The system may need to be future proofed to be able to expand the amount of zones and detectors etc to cover a much larger area with many more rooms.

Pyro was the only cable I used back in the day and I loved it. Great product and bullet proof.

How should I approach the project, what panel, cable, installation etc?

Cheers

Dave

First of all a mandatory risk assessment must be conducted, to show building usage, levels of staff and public. On conclusion will determine the life and property level required. If this level is not given always work to L1. An addressable system is always going to be the easiest to expand, as zones can be changed or amended without installing new circuits. And any new detection can be extended into the loop. Consideration needs to be given to plant shutdown, door access release and to cover such aspects as disabled discrimination, ie strobe warning. A brief outlook, but hope it helps

Reply to Fire alarm system in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, i'm just after a definitive answer regarding a fire alarm system in a communal area/stairwell. There are call points, smoke heads &...
Replies
Views
Good evening! Don’t have a huge deal of experience with fire alarms but having to work on a conventional system at the minute with various...
Replies
Views
Hello People Our Enphase solar system needs to have the AC supply shut down via the fire alarm contactors local input output unit that has NO &...
Replies
Views
On this commercial building we are refurbishing it has the above fire alarm panel which I think is pretty much brand new, I'm not even sure it was...
Replies
Views
I am interested in having a home generator that would provide power to my home when the power is out during hurricane season, etc. I have 2...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock