Discuss Fire panel link. in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

cristafar

Working for a fire alarm company and we have to link 2 cb200 conventional panels one in a pub and one on next floor for the accommodation. There is 2 2cores running between the panels they just need connecting up. Here is the panel information PDF to see the terminals in the panel: http://www.acornfiresecurity.com/im...nd Commissioning Manual acornfiresecurity.pdf
was just wondering if someone could give me a heads up to where the cable connect too and why, just so when I go to the job with the Jurassic spark I work with I can understand it a bit more.

Thanks guys.

Class change is one way but will not show a zone or indication on control panel, it will just sound sirens.
Best way is to use zone 1 set as non latching via other panel`s relay, using 470 resistor. This way the end user knows zone 1 is the flat. And the flat user knows his zone 1 is the pub, see section 4.5 in cb200 manual, if you need wiring diagram just ask.

Class change is one way but will not show a zone or indication on control panel, it will just sound sirens.
Best way is to use zone 1 set as non latching via other panel`s relay, using 470 resistor. This way the end user knows zone 1 is the flat. And the flat user knows his zone 1 is the pub, see section 4.5 in cb200 manual, if you need wiring diagram just ask.

Thanks tazz just read the manual 4.5 and yes that sounds much better, for obvious monitoring purpose. At least then they will know if it is the upstairs or downstairs panel that as activated. A wiring diagram would be fantastic, with that then I can get it into my head and understand it better. Thanks for your replay and time

Chris.

Omit fault relay if not required, but will show cable or panel faults if used.
CB200 omits relay output automatically to prevent lockup, other panels you will need to program relay omit on zone 1.

Interlink.jpg

Omit fault relay if not required, but will show cable or panel faults if used.
CB200 omits relay output automatically to prevent lockup, other panels you will need to program relay omit on zone 1.

View attachment 13384

Thanks for the info and diagram. That helps alot and I can see how it works now cheers. I'm sure the senior spark will be amazed when ask him if I can have a go at wiring it and come up with the above :).

Reply to Fire panel link. in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net