Discuss Flat Roof System in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi

First post....

Can anyone recommend a decent flat roof system which you can actually bolt to the roof. all the ones I've done have been ballasted systems, but this client wants it fixed to the roof. Or if anyone can suggest a supplier who can actually supply it and knows what they are selling...

I've approached all our usual mounting kit suppliers but they are not responding - I guess they don't have it in stock, and for a small job (5KWp) can't be bothered to source it.

Any suggestions? - originally i was quite pleased to not have to carry the ballast up, but now i'm thinking at least i knew where i was with that..

Any help gratefully recieved..

On a separate note - i've got few enquires coming in for 50KWp Ground Mounted Systems, but they always seem to be different specs.. one in particular wants the panels at 73degs pitch... Any ideas on a decent ground mounted system supplier/contractor.

Or the Dulas Post system.

_ What type of covering on the roof?

Thanks for your help,

Is that the lambda flat roof one which is supplied through Dulas? - i was looking at that but I've not experienced using it.. any good?

The Renesol ground mounted system, i'll try and speak to them see what they can do. I've heard good things about their ground mounted systems before, but I've not done one yet.

The roof is two layers of 40mm interlocking paving slabs - then additional concrete slabs loose paved round the edges (this makes no sense - they are only 20Kg and i can move them with my foot) . This is above a heavy duty PVC/FELT membrane (at least that is what the building docs say is under there - I'm not taking up the slabs to check). Basically it was designed to be converted to a penthouse patio/sun deck.

We've not had the full structural survey signed off yet as we need to do the calcs, but to do this we need to know what kit we are using...

For various reasons, I'm not enjoying this installation.

Contact for Renusol: technical support, Christof.noelke@renusol . Com and the uk sales manager is huw.cooper@renusol . Com, add the.com to make active.

They will do all the calculations, but they do need to know the topography of the land.

If it's interlocking paving slabs, 40 mm thick, then effectively they could act as the ballast.

You could then just use a normal angle mount system like schletter.

You just need to bolt it down - try thunderbolts, they won't blow a 40mm thick slab apart like a normal expansive anchor (they'll blow the back off the slab)

Thanks Worcester- I tried to find the Schletter mounts last time, no success - plenty of people advertising them - no-one actually selling them! We generally use Schletter for all our roof installs. I'll have a look next time.

am supposed to be catching up on paperwork but think i'm going to bite bullet and go to Birmingham tomorrow.. find out who is supplying what and who they are selling it through...

Reply to Flat Roof System in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net