Discuss From Sky to Sky + in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

Ridgey88

Hi all,

i have a friend who wants to upgrade from his existing sky to sky + HD

as far as i know what i need to do will be, install another satellite cable between the dish and the sky box, replace the LNB connection on the dish with a quad LNB connector.

what i want to know is what outlet to use? should i use a double F connector satellite socket outlet or would a single with a coax point work aswell.

help is much appreciated

kirk

You need a quad lnb on your dish, i wouldnt use a faceplate, if you have to, just come straight through it any breaks in the cable would promote signal loss and could end up affecting the picture in bad weather, or it may affect it straight away.....all depends how good your:) present signal is.....

I would normally do that, but he wants an outlet plate. signal is pretty good so shouldnt be any worries there, but which plate do i use? and f connector type or coax? it needs to be a double as its sky plus.

In addition will any branded LNB fit the existing dish or do you need the right manufacturer?

Thanks again

Kirk

any quad lnb will do as long as you tell them it is for a sky dish and i would make my own triple face plate with right angle f connectors so you can get the bending ratio for your ct100 the reson for a triple face plate is hemay well want to use a free to air box as well when they turn off analogue easyer to do it now than have to come back and change it when he finds he wants more choice

Reply to From Sky to Sky + in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net