Discuss Frost stat to s plan heating system in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Depends on the boiler. Some have terminals specifically for the frost stat if not it can be wired as in the the diagram. Always best to check the boiler manual first though.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 98
So in this diagram frost stat connects to same terminal as room stat.

Will have a look at some boiler manuals and see which have dedicated terminals

thanks

In the diagram it's wired parallel to the roomstat and programmer. I know some models of worchester Bosch do the dedicated frost stat terminals.

Frost stat detects the cold which then asks the pipe stat (wired in series with the frost stat) if the water in the return heating pipe if it is below set temp if so the switch wire from the pipe stat should connect to the switch wire of the the room stat to bring boiler and pump on

On a s plan system, is it normal to just make the frost stat open one valve, in turn firing the boiler? So any other heating circuits wouldn't have protection.
or is it best to fit a frost state for each heating circuit?

I ve always fitted a frost stat next to the unit it is to protect.
IE an external boiler in an outhouse or against the outside wall of the house would produce enough heat to switch the frost stat off.
Or as at home, my integral garage has a radiator and its own zone valve. The frost stat is above the rad and it drives the valve open which fires the boiler and pump. Pipes to the radiator go past the washing machine and protect it. Radiator heats up and the stat switches off.

Boydy

Reply to Frost stat to s plan heating system in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net