Discuss G59 applications in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mposkitt

Hi...am new to the forum and reasonably new to the PV industry. Great timing, some might say, in light of tariff cuts, deadlines and horrendous handling of things by the government!

However, on the commercial front, can any one point me in the right direction (either online resource, real-life company, anyone on here, etc) who would assist with the successful completion of G59 forms? I have been passed a couple of potential new build large scale projects and need to get the ball rolling accordingly.

Thanks in advance,

Mark.

Welcome :)

Thanks!

Whos your dno? Mine which is northern power grid has useful info online that helps.

UK Power Networks (both London-based projects)...do they have people dedicated to assisting in the completion of such forms, or are they likely to just provide a guide? Either way, it would be a start!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not 100% sure, I'm not an expert on g59, but have read a lot from dno site. Some of the commercial lads on here should be able help.

Just got a g59/2 back from ukpowernetworks this week for just under 50kw system, basically get all the details you can from the inverter manufacturer, having them g59 certified really helps, we managed to get a template for a power one system so we just had to alter a few figures for the different inverters, anything you are unsure about leave blank and they will contact you if they require more info. We then received a standard letter which apparently gets sent out regardless asking how we were going to connect to the grid which worried us as we had already specified on application form, one quick call to g59 connection team and the bloke on the phone basically said, 'don't worry, if there is a problem we will call you'

hope that helps a little, if I can find the template I will post it but it is at the office and I am off for 2 weeks now!

If you like pm me and i will pass on my phone number , we have done a few now in and around the bucks area and i think i know the chap who will be the most helpful for your area . I know you are in London but he covers a fair part of the south east .
Could probably dig you out a couple of template jobs for you to look at as well , I am back home till around the 5th now but should have something here if i look ?!

I'm about to quote on my first G59 installation (just waiting to see what happens on the FiTS front)
I've installed plenty of G83 systems. Are there any differences in the layout of the kit to G83. The install is 8kW so not massive. Do I need fuses etc.
Any advice much appreciated.

I appreciate that this is an old thread. However, I thought as a new member to this forum, I would let you know that my team of network distribution experts www.greenenergynetworks.co.uk has extensive experience in the successful connection of all forms of renewable technologies to the grid/network and also offer a G59 application completion / processing services for low voltages right through to EHV. So if you need any help in submitting G59's or dealing with DNO's in general, then we are here to help.

Reply to G59 applications in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net