• Welcome to the new forum. We're now hosted on ElectriciansForums.net rather than ElectriciansForums.co.uk - Chat about the forum upgrade by CLICKING HERE

Welcome to our Electrical Forum - We started out providing electrical advice just for the UK - But now we have specific advice for the USA too! - Register for free and share American Electrical Advice.

Got a new toolbox today!

Discuss Got a new toolbox today! in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Cat

Electrician's Arms
Got the sort with loads of compartments in the lid of the box with a clear plastic clip on lid to keep it all safe and tidy.
I spent 3/4 hour sorting all the different size box screws, M4 sizes, nuts, bolts and washers, socket fuses etc, etc, it looked brilliant!

Then I opened the lid of the box and everything fell out!
I hadn't fastened the clips!
I got my dustpan and brush, swept everything up and poured it into the compartments!:mad:

Pete999

Forum Mentor
Got the sort with loads of compartments in the lid of the box with a clear plastic clip on lid to keep it all safe and tidy.
I spent 3/4 hour sorting all the different size box screws, M4 sizes, nuts, bolts and washers, socket fuses etc, etc, it looked brilliant!

Then I opened the lid of the box and everything fell out!
I hadn't fastened the clips!
I got my dustpan and brush, swept everything up and poured it into the compartments!:mad:
If at first you don't succeed, try try again, you may regret not sorting the compartments out again, learn the lesson and proceed.

Top Cat

Electrician's Arms
If at first you don't succeed, try try again, you may regret not sorting the compartments out again, learn the lesson and proceed.
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. W. C. Fields.

Midwest

Electrician's Arms
I like an assortment of things; keeps the old brain ticking. Nothing should be as precise, as some seek.

Back in the day before Screwfix, us professssionnnalllss had just one tin with an assortment of fixing devices.

Pete999

Forum Mentor
Bloke I was Apprenticed too had an old gas mask bag full of bits and bobs, part of my job was to ensure all loose screws and bits we found, went into the bag. Find me a 4BA round head screw was dreaded by me.

littlespark

Electrician's Arms
I just knew something like that was going happen as I read the OP.

or "just got it all sorted and the workbench collapsed under it"
or "I picked it up and the handle fell off"

ferg

Electrician's Arms
I have a carry case full of different types of wagos, hundreds of the things.
Probably best not to do the same as you at the top of a flight of steep stairs......

I may have said some bad words.

Charlie_

Electrician's Arms
Leaving your side door open and whizzing round a bend is always the best way to reorganize all your bits n bobs :tearsofjoy:

John Preston

Regular EF Member
Nothing worst than dipping your hand into a bag of mixed dry lining screws... your hand usually ends up resembling a porcupine!

Official Sponsors

Electrician Talk

Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript![ ? ]