Discuss Green Book 17th Regulations E-Book in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Spazz

IET now have the 17th Regulations (Green Book) in an E-Book format.

I have just requested a trial of it now.
It can be downloaded from:
Wiring Regulations Digital - IET Electrical

To buy the full version its £136.50 for members of IET and £210.00 for non members - a hell of a price, but really useful.

If anyone gets a copy send me a copy please.

To buy the full version its £136.50 for members of IET and £210.00 for non members - a hell of a price, but really useful.

Mickey take

You must be jokeing any one who pays that amount of money for it are not going to be giving away free copies

you get other stuff with it too dont you for that price ?
on site guide and sparkys guide to building regs i think

They have 2 packages

DomesticIndustrial
This package includes:
  • Wiring Regulations (BS 7671)
  • Guidance Notes 1 and 3
  • On-Site Guide
  • Electrician's Guide to the
    Building Regulations
This package includes:
  • Wiring Regulations (BS 7671)
  • Guidance Notes 1 to 8
  • On-Site Guide
  • Electrician's Guide to the
    Building Regulations
  • Electrical Installation Design Guide:
    Calculations for Electricians and Designers
All depends on which one you want.

Would be a great thing to have with my upcoming 17th Edition Exam

Considering it comes with the extras its not a bad deal if your already a member

Thats crap!

If I was to buy them, the idea would be to have them available quickly onsite not mess around with my phone to get a signal and then connect my netbook to my phone to view them - what a pain!

When I looked at the trial I will let you know what its like

The IET might get more customers if the individual titles were available in Ebook so the cost could be spread over a longer period. And even more if they sold them under licence in other Ebook formats from the likes of Amazon.

[h=3]Using IET e-books[/h]Once you have completed your purchase you will receive a redemption code. You will then need to:
  • Download the VitalSource Bookshelf software and install on your computer.
  • Open the VitalSource Bookshelf application (from the icon on your desktop) and create a user account. In the appropriate field enter the redemption code.
  • The relevant e-books will be automatically downloaded to the computer and appear in the VitalSource Bookshelf library.
  • Your e-books can now be accessed at any time through the VitalSource Bookshelf without the need to go online.

Perhaps when I trialed it, it was different.
Yes I had to download the VitalSource Bookshelf, but I found I couldn't access the books unless I had an internet connection.
I also could not find the downloaded books anywhere on my computer, as I would have liked to convert them to PDF to allow searching by keyword.

I can’t see them letting you down load the entire book without some controls.

I cant either - these books are not cheap and they need to ensure that people dont hand out copies of them to anyone.

There will have to be a way to stop us from selling copies.

You can get a student deal for £99 which includes a hard copy of the bgb and electronic versions of the bgb, onside guide and another couple which I can't remember. I was doing 2391 before Xmas and tutor handed out order form. If you know anyone at college might be worth a look.

ball ache!! cant beat the good old white pages covered in plaster, tea and any other s### you find on site IMO!!

new system :computer: Vs :59: old system

Not sure, I only ordered late last week so not arrived yet. Needed the new green book which is £65 ish so another £30 to get an electronic version + GN3, onsite guide and another couple of titles for the computer seemed a good deal. I'll post again when they arrive and let you all know what I got.

Reply to Green Book 17th Regulations E-Book in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net