Discuss Help! Netatmo Wireless Thermostat installation on ideal mini c28 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

The power part should yes, but this is easily achieved with 3way wago terminals or similar. But as discussed, best to get someone in to do this and check it's all safe.

Basically Johnny , Yes: As Shaun said, the White wire seems to go to the boiler so needs to still be there.
Unfortunately I had no idea that you disconnected anything other than the thermostat wire until post 16.
As I said earlier: Please call a good local Electrician to trace the wiring and do the connections.

It's worth mentioning there appears to be no earth (it is cut off) to the thermostat connection cable. It clearly states in the installation manual the earths are not shown, but should NOT be excluded (or words to that effect), so when you get the local spark in, ask him to sort the earth out, even if the cable is not being used anymore (the earth can still serve it's purpose if someone nails it via another cable).

I've got a netatmo same as yours. If you're in the west Yorkshire area pm me and I can install it for you if you need.

Stummish, that's a generous offer, thank you.

However, i can announce i have sucsesfully connected the thermostat. It was a simple as doubling up the wiring coming from the power terminal - not replacing the current wires. In hindsight that is obvious, but there you go.

Thank you to everyone for helping.

Hhm: Not being funny buddy, but you were told that in posts #19 & 22.
If you'd given us the correct information in the 1st place, I.e you disconnected more than just the thermostat wire. Your "problem" would have been solved much sooner.

Reply to Help! Netatmo Wireless Thermostat installation on ideal mini c28 in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, I'm in the process of changing my wired remeha thermostat with the wireless hive mini, I've had a look at the manual and believe I have...
Replies
Views
Ferrets are known for being small, resourceful, and incredibly clever. They can solve many problems by fitting into tight spaces and doing jobs us...
Replies
Views
Just need some advice on this one - i wont be doing the work myself - but wanted to understand what could be done in my situation without chasing...
Replies
Views
I want to power a small heater 2kw in my bedroom with this wireless thermostat. Because its affordable and has very fine 0.25C heat sensing...
Replies
Views
And the 1st thing I see is Smeg cooker tripping randomly. So Here's My Issue Have Spent Numerous hours trying to talk to someone at Smug Smeg...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock