Discuss Help with cooker thermostat in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

karen

Hi everyone,
I'm looking for some help with reconnecting a thermostat on a Stoves 1100, there are three lots of wires and three possible places to connect them to, any help with this would be great.

Thanks

Karen

Hi, It wont let me attach a link or photo but if you search amazon for stoves 55.17069.090 it should come up.

There is a blue and a white wire which join at a connector, then there are two stripy green and yellows wires which go into a single connector then there is a single orange wire ?????

Thanks for helping
K

Well I just looked at the stat and can see there are 3 connection points, the one on the side is for the green and yellows, however there are now 2 left at the bottom, heres the problem, I can't advise you to connect the orange and blue/white to the 2 remaining stat connections really without seeing the cables, have you got a manual which shows any circuitry at all? if not please don't do anything yet, maybe someone here with a little more knowledge with these colour codes can confirm the correct connections, you need a certain number of posts before you are allowed to post pictures, you may have to get a sparky around to do the Job in person rather than gamble here.

Thanks again, I haven't got the manual and cant seem to download it anywhere... so the green and yellow ones go on the connector which is on its own in the steel part ?

The other two connectors in the plastic part are numbered 1 and 2 if that helps ?
Thanks
K

the green/yellow are earths, so they go to the metal body of the stat. the other 2 may well work either way round, but i can't be certain. if you can visually trace the wires, one will be supply and the other goes to the element. it would be logical to connect the supply wire to 1 and the element to 2, but, then again, it's not certain.

I really don't want to add anything else to my post Karen due to the risk involved, if no-one else gets involved please try to post the picture up after you have posted a few more times and I may be able to confirm the connections, but your health and safety is too important to gamble with just saying what I think as I may be wrong and again suggest you either post up a picture or wait for more comments from others here.

post the pics to photobucket then right click the link then copy and paste it here

i reckon if you have a look at the other stats you can see where the connections go though
make sure the green and yellow go the correct term !

Ok the single orange one comes from the panel, the blue one which joins to the white one into a single connector also come from the panel, the white one goes off to the back of the cooker, so many wires !!!
K

It may well be that the orange and the white go to the 2 bottom terminals and the green and yellows to the left side on the metal casing, however the white and blue joined together in the connector may be just a link and nothing to do with the stat, Please don't atempt anything without a picture to confirm, hang around and welcome a few new members and your post count should raise enough so you can post a picture.

i'd try orange to terminal 1, and the blue&white to 2. if it's wrong, i don't think it will do any harm. a stat is basically a switch, so if wrong, it just may not work the wrong way. caveat.... that's just my thoughts, not to be taken as gospel. obviously, make sure the supply is isolated when working on it.

Okay Now I'm confused, is there a single white, a single orange and a white and blue joined together? or a single orange and then a white and blue together?

From a quick trawl of the web I think this stove has two of these stats fitted so logic would suggest looking at how the other one is connected for a solution to your problem

Okay Now I'm confused, is there a single white, a single orange and a white and blue joined together? or a single orange and then a white and blue together?
Hi MDJ

There is a single orange and a blue and white wire that join together into a single connector.

Hi UNG,

I have taken the oven out, the other oven is still in place so I cant see the connections on that one.
Thanks
K

Reply to Help with cooker thermostat in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net