Discuss High TNS readingssssss in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Not changed any glands yet and only going by EICR at the moment, so I’m getting 1.13 ohms on earth loop but if I go to PSC L+N is 0.26 so may get round it that way as will still disconnect in required time, have 63amp 60898 MCB at mains DU then feed the caravan boxes

TNS system
60947-2 main switch
60898 double pole 63amp MCBs that feed some caravan boxes now some circuits I can get below the disconnection times of 0.56 ohms but some are 1.22 ohms now I’ve tried changing glands anything else I can do apart from TT the hook up unit? Or do you need upfront RCD

If not change the distribution unit feeding boxes with RCD and Rod it

Not changed any glands yet and only going by EICR at the moment, so I’m getting 1.13 ohms on earth loop but if I go to PSC L+N is 0.26 so may get round it that way as will still disconnect in required time, have 63amp 60898 MCB at mains DU then feed the caravan boxes

You're contradicting yourself.

PSC L+N is 0.26 so may get round it that way as will still disconnect in required time

What do you mean by this then?

So you’ve taken pscc at the origin and your testers also give you a Ze reading but that would include any parallel paths as well? I’m so confused.....did you take Ze with main earth disconnected?
I’d go with Petes post a while back and get some R1-R2 readings from the swa....

Ok, but what has that got to do with Zs requirements?
Well you do a Zs at a panel/consumer so PSCC and PFC and record highest what’s difference but just another sub circuit? As if you measure either of these on my tester you get impedance value and kA so breaking capacity?

Again, what has PSCC and PFC got to do with the Zs requirements?

Either I am misunderstanding the point you are trying to make, or you don't fully understand the difference in tests and what to do with the results.

In order to get the values write in the being at the incoming what was the ohms and the ka.
Ovasly you have sub circuits to diffrant pitches ,the sub circuits are on bs60898 and you are testing each circuit ,but some how you are getting well beyond the max range .
Are the glands in good order or they
Are not earthed correctly.some how we are going round the caravan pictches if you know what i mean.

In order to get the values write in the being at the incoming what was the ohms and the ka.
Ovasly you have sub circuits to diffrant pitches ,the sub circuits are on bs60898 and you are testing each circuit ,but some how you are getting well beyond the max range .
Are the glands in good order or they
Are not earthed correctly.some how we are going round the caravan pictches if you know what i mean.
Well the panel feeding the sub circuits has Zs of 3.15 and KA of 3.0 but some of the circuits are ok and some are not but there are endless joints underneath the ground so can’t help and glands are ok

you need to make proper arrangements with the client so you can turn the power off and then carry out all the necessary tests correctly.
You need to isolate each circuit, disconnect them from the MET and then test accordingly

FFS ,hit your client over the head with the BBB and tell him either turn the power off for the pitches that dont comply with the reg or some body get else in.simples .
Me i would quote the elec act .

Well the panel feeding the sub circuits has Zs of 3.15 and KA of 3.0 but some of the circuits are ok and some are not but there are endless joints underneath the ground so can’t help and glands are ok

Then you've got a serious problem because a Zs of 3.15ohm should give a pfc around 76A at 240V, or a pfc of 3kA would come from a Zs of 0.8ohm.
I'll ask again, what test are you using, high current or anti trip?

Reply to High TNS readingssssss in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock