Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Advertisement - Content continues below

Discuss High TNS readingssssss in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

TNS system
60947-2 main switch
60898 double pole 63amp MCBs that feed some caravan boxes now some circuits I can get below the disconnection times of 0.56 ohms but some are 1.22 ohms now I’ve tried changing glands anything else I can do apart from TT the hook up unit? Or do you need upfront RCD

If not change the distribution unit feeding boxes with RCD and Rod it

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
B

Bobster

So what is it your doing? Remedial work?

What are the values on the original EIC?

Is the cable running to the DB SWA?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes, some values are ok then some are not all SWA some original values are 0.79 ohms need to be below 0.56 ohms

Pete999

-
Arms
Esteemed
TNS system
60947-2 main switch
60898 double pole 63amp MCBs that feed some caravan boxes now some circuits I can get below the disconnection times of 0.56 ohms but some are 1.22 ohms now I’ve tried changing glands anything else I can do apart from TT the hook up unit? Or do you need upfront RCD

If not change the distribution unit feeding boxes with RCD and Rod it
What R1+R2 readings?

B

Bobster

Yes, some values are ok then some are not all SWA some original values are 0.79 ohms need to be below 0.56 ohms
So there's a good chance the SWA is damaged and the Armour is rotting.

Original install wasn't designed correctly.

Time to quote to do the job properly.

davesparks

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
No dead testing currently occupied
You can't expect to solve the problem without doing all of the testing needed to find the source of the problem.

As Rob has suggested the SWA may be damaged and the armour rusting, you should test the integrity of the cable sheath to confirm whether this has happened, if it has then the only answer is to replace the cables.

Wilko

-
Arms
Esteemed
Hi - is there any visible reason for the different Zs readings? (Run length?) If not, then full testing required and interim derating to say B25 for the 1.22 Zs. Also make sure the Zs result is not from using the RCD test, if that makes any sense :) .

buzzlightyear

-
Arms
Esteemed
Is this carry on caravaning ,start in the being so we are reading the same newspaper .either you have got incoming TNS or TT.
Agree with Wilco .

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier

Reply to High TNS readingssssss in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical2Go - Online Electrical Supplier

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
Top Bottom