Discuss How to replace this lamp? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello, so I have this lamp which got burnt today:
IMG_20210116_202347.jpg

And it has this strange screw which I can't unscrew with any way
IMG_20210116_202403.jpg
what do I need to unscrew this? Thank you

Probably metric, probably covered by a set like this (the '62318' version):

As above, get yourself a set of different sizes.

or careful use of a small pair of sidecutters

2.5mm seems to be quite a popular size for socket headed grub screws... no idea why... but it's a size that is often missing from hex key sets.

So if a 2mm is too small and a 3mm is too big... you'll know why.

That Toolstation set probably costs around the same as the replacement lamp, so they should just get it and not bother messing about with improvised tools. Generally that ends in tears, either from braking what you hoped to fix, or from stabbing your finger with something.

If all else fails drill it out
I was just about to say get the hammer out. I've removed many a reluctant screw with hex/torx.etc head with sidecutters. 1 point inside and 1 point outside. squeeze and turn.did 1 the other week on a leccy meter, with half the screwslot sheared of by a meter monkey. did it live with a mate with a lump of 2 x 4 to knock me over if I started spasming.

Reply to How to replace this lamp? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, I guess most of you have seen some moving spirals in some fluorescent lamps. Not sure if there's a better description for that, but with...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Removed an ancient light fitting, replaced with a newer one, the light comes on but can't be turned off with the switch. It was working...
Replies
Views
Had a customer message me before I went to do a job asking if I could put a new bulb in a spotlight while I was there, so I picked up some LED...
Replies
Views
Morning All Got little bit situation going on, causing multiple visits (luckily only 2 mins drive from where we are.) Client not 100% happy with...
Replies
Views
Hi all, need to replace these, anyone know how these come off please. Many thanks in advance.
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock