Search for tools and product advice,

Discuss I need help! in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

I

imadinasaur

Hey, im in second year at uni doing EEE. Im struggling understanding different theorems (thevenin, norton, superposition) I missed an important session discussing how to do these theorems and it totally threw me. Does anyone know a good site that can teach me these theorems at second year level?

Not me mate I got lost after theorems, sorry I can't help sure some of the more educated will though

Thanks for the reply though! Its good to know im not the only one. This course is insane. Miss a couple of days and feel like you dont have a chance to catch up. I look at the tutorial and think theres just something im missing to doing it right. Aaarg

never had a norton myself.had a triumph, a matchless. and a honda.

Had a look at those youtube vids. There good but the circuits dont seem as complex as the ones im doing. I know the basics I just am strugglung at adapting it :/

There seems to be quite a bit on the net:

Superposition
Superposition Theorem : Dc Network Analysis - Electronics Textbook
Superposition theorem : Electronics Worksheet

Thevenin
Thevenin's Theorem : Dc Network Analysis - Electronics Textbook
Th'evenin's, Norton's, and Maximum Power Transfer theorems : Electronics Worksheet

Norton
Thevenin's Theorem : Dc Network Analysis - Electronics Textbook

But the best thing to do would be to go and speak to your tutor. I'm guessing you're only 19 and maybe dont want to do that as you probably went out drinking instead of going to the lecture, but they wont mind!! Go and speak to them :smile5:

Ha! Just checked, your 44!! Shouldn't be missing your lectures!

Hey, im in second year at uni doing EEE. Im struggling understanding different theorems (thevenin, norton, superposition)

Huh? This sort of stuff was all done and dusted by my third week in the first year. If you want to be an E+EE you need to be completely on top of the basic theory, as all else depends on it. Definitely discuss with your tutor what resources are available to boost your maths.

Hey, im in second year at uni doing EEE. Im struggling understanding different theorems (thevenin, norton, superposition) I missed an important session discussing how to do these theorems and it totally threw me. Does anyone know a good site that can teach me these theorems at second year level?

You've learnt one good thing anyway, DON'T miss ANY lectures.
I've been there and got the T-shirt, you roll up to the next lecture down the line and the guy may as well be talking in Clingon, the sense it makes!!!

Reply to I need help! in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net