Discuss IKEA Hob issue in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jwow

Hi all, apologies for posting here but I can't post on the DIY forum where I feel this would be a better match...

I bought a IKEA ceramic hob over the weekend (BARMHÄRTIG Glass ceramic hob - IKEA) to replace my Whirpool Generation 2000 electrib hob with plates. My father in law did the installation as he has done this sort of work in the past, but despite apparently everything seeming to be fine (there was current on both the live screws, he checked with a voltage checker screwdriver) only 2 of the rings of the hob would work.
I was just wondering if there may some issue with the connection (not strong enough?), or if it's likely the unit is faulty and I have to swap it? Picture of the connection below.

IMG_2585.jpg

Thank you very much for any help.
Joao

must be a faulty hob if 2 rings work and 2 don't.

Sounds like a faulty Hob as already pointed out, read through the instructions 'fully' to ensure your are working it correctly which I assume you will be.

as long as the link is tight between 1 and 2. ( isolate before checking)

same with all this ikea flat pack stuff. did you use the correct ( supplied ) allen key? :smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5:

Reply to IKEA Hob issue in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all Some advice on this would be great. Due to wire a kitchen from scratch and in a pickle over the designing of the oven and hob circuits due...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Recently a mate had a new kitchen fitted, he's gone for an induction hob and pyrolytic oven, no gas at the property. At 1st fix a single...
Replies
Views
Morning All I recently completed my first re wire and board change, (with help from the owner who is a gas fitter and plumper, who works with my...
Replies
Views
Hello. German electricians, in my opinion, are quickly vicious in forums, like many German craftsmen, when you ask questions about their area of...
Replies
Views
We’ve just moved in to our new flat and the hob keeps tripping the RCD. I’ve checked the cabling behind the oven and can see the following...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock