Discuss Immersion heating help required in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

marco86

A write looking for a bit of help for a Job I have been given and not too clued up on immersion heating.

woman has no hot water, she has aHE7 water heater boost control switch in her kitchen. I bought a replacement controller but this one has 10 connections and the one I have have has 5. There are two supplies coming to the switch, one from off peak board and other from consumers main board.

am now lost

photos essential here.also make/model of old/new/

There are different types of e7 timers. I think you need a e7bx or a bx2000 10 wire are for duel supplies ie economy 7 heating. Hope this helps
http://www.horstmann.co.uk/water-heating.php

I'd also check the thermostat in the immersion tank. Has the circuit been tripping out could be a faulty heating element. There will be two a top element for boost and the bottom for off peak. All can be check with continuity tester with both supply's safely isolated.

Thanks for the responses and the lack of info I have provided.

We bit more info.
i put the boost on and there is power going through the thermostat and element.

at the eco7 there are 3 twins and earths, one off peak, one on peak and other going to the tank.

currently in the house at the moment is a HE7 economy boost control and am looking to out in a time guard TRTM7

Ok after taking my weekend head off I have worked out what has to be done.
Either get a like for like swap a e7bx unit or fit a standard Eco 7 unit and do away with the off peak feed going to the unit.
Anyone got a e7bx unit for sale??

Reply to Immersion heating help required in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net