• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss Intruder alarm systems? in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I

iamgary25

Advice please?

Who's alarm control systems do you install and why?
And do you use the same brands sensors and PIRs?
Where do you get them from?
Are they all pretty much the same?

Not asking much :)
Thanks

It all depends on what your requirements are , domestic or commercial , monitored or stand alone Most basic alarm panels only have 8 zones Gardtech are OK for domestic but would use galaxy for commercial

Personally Im Happy with Texecom, vast programming features, good quality. Same with there pirs with some custom made to suite the eol resistors. Buy...well thats a google job

For residential, and i've been suggest to use Texecom, where do you get your equipment? Is there a good online retailer?

Do you usually buy a package or all the bits separately?

I also find when looking at the PIRs there's like 8 or more to choose from lol i want the one that does the job and doesn't cost to much. Any suggestions?

Could do with going on a training course aswell... although i can follow instructions lol

Same place as I get the majority of my gear from mate. We have 2 wholesalers in town, one of them is CEF the other is just a little local one but they're competitive on prices

gardtech as a first choice, closely followed by texecom.

Reply to Intruder alarm systems? in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back