Discuss Kewtech Lightmate Test Adaptors in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

atko

Hi, Can anyone help me understand how I connect the Kewtech Lightmate Test Adaptors to my Fluke 1652. I can't get any readings........I have tried with one lead plugged in to the lightmate and the other clipped onto the earth on the ceiling rose and with two leads in the lightmate and the third earth lead clipped on the earth in the rose but all to no avail. I get good readings when I don't use the lightmate but I thought these were supposed to save time!

there is a thread about this. apparently fluke leads don't connect well with the lightmates. if you can't use with your fluke, i am looking to buy a set of lightmates and will happily take them off your hands.

Last edited:
Thanks for the offer but I will be changing the Fluke sometime this year, so I will keep them until I decide which tester to buy!

but you got a reading ok withiut using the lightmate?....using your green croc on the earth terminal together with your brown prod on the line plate (not the loop)...on the ceiling rose and your blue prod on the neutral plate....did you get a reading on a loop test after ensuring the wallswitch/pullswitch was closed?.......

I could not get the gu10 one into a load of fittings slightly too wide. looks like the knifes coming out for a bit of shaving

All readings were good without the Lightmate but I can't seem to get anything with them. Not sure if I should be using two leads or all three from the fluke!

It's a 3 lead Zs test with the Fluke MFTs. As others have said the problem is the standard Fluke leads have 4mm plug/prods that are shorter than Kewtech equivalent and consequently don't make good contact with the deep lightmate 4mm sockets. Cheapest solution is to buy a set of Kewtech replacement leads.

Reply to Kewtech Lightmate Test Adaptors in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi All New to this forum, have read the posts on here from google but only recently signed up. I'm having some issues and some input would be...
Replies
Views
Anyone know of a R1/R2 socket adaptor that I can use with Megger leads. I have a kewtech adaptor and need to turn the megger leads round or it...
Replies
Views
Hi Hope anyone can help Can someone give me advice on how to connect up a 3 phase to 13amp adaptor lead for carrying out PAT testing on 3...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone :) my first post here. Quick background I'm a newly qualified installer of somewhat advanced years whose just starting out in the...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I have recently encountered that my circuit breaker for the upstairs lights keeps tripping. I flick it back on and immediately it trips...
Replies
Views

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock