Discuss Laptop or Tablet in the Computer and Networking Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

If you have got the cash to go around (ie. in an ideal world), you would go to India or China, and get them to make a tablet app for you, specific for your business needs. Then you could use the tablet to full. I do not know how much this would cost, but boy it would impress the friends to have your own app.

I too like the Asus transformer. You can buy it with or without the keyboard. I find Asus laptops/Pcs to be long lasting and good quality. I built a desktop PC about 8 years ago using an Asus motherboard,and it's still going strong. I have tested one(QVC) and would have bought it but, a new model was due. I think the latest one is the Infinity(due out July ?) Sounds really good. They originally had the Android operating system but the Infinity will have Windows 8. Battery life is very good too.

Laptop with the free MS Briefcase on a memory stick plug it in once a week sync up all my business stuff because I don't trust any computer

Laptop as it's more versatile but please remember to backup. Best tool I have come across is Sugar Sync: Get Your Free 5GB Personal Cloud Now It gives you 4-5Gb storage for FREE. It can be installed on PC, laptops, Andriod Phones and Tablets, iPhones and Tablets, Blackberrys, etc. You just select the folders you want backed up and it does it automatically and even keeps backups in case you delete. You can also share files by adding them to a 'magic briefcase'.

I can fill out forms on I phone if I wanted but id rather just write then input on computer when go home. Also just bought fire tablet this week too.

I would go with a touch screen labtop that has a swival screen that will allow you to fold it flat and use it like a tablet - best of both worlds then!

I would go with a touch screen labtop that has a swival screen that will allow you to fold it flat and use it like a tablet - best of both worlds then!

whereabouts in stok e are you, mate. my lad's in longton.

just bought a tablet. got to learn how to use it.

10" screen. have to slice it up first.

Na sorry not a techno buff everything I buy I look after and only change it if I have to my fluke 71 is 25 years old and my analogue clamp meter would have been the same but for some fool not me who dropped it but as I have said before I started working with computers 28 years ago via BMS systems and trust them as far as I can throw them hence why I back up my business stuff at the end of every week and when I hear about people who lose all their stuff because the computer has either been stolen,dropped, or a cup of tea has been spilt all over it and they have lost everything well more fool you so send the £10 on a memory stick or £40 on a small hardrive

Reply to Laptop or Tablet in the Computer and Networking Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net