Discuss Leave being self employed? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

Kiers1970

In a quandry, do I take this job I've been offered, 3 months temp, 30k P/A. more than likely become full time?
Never been busier the last 6 months, and earned some good Money.
The job is factory maintenance, becoming multi-skilled, which means more money, The ops Manager is my brother, so I know what they are telling me is Kosher, but it's a huge step, losing my contacts I'[ve established over the last 7 years.
It's a seven mile drive, days, 40 hrs a week, 22 days hols plus Banks holidays...... I don't know... If it was full tie I'd probably jump at it.
What are your thoughts guys?

Will the contracts you have end or are they long term? If they will end you will have the grief of chasing more work but so long as all goes well with the factory you will have a guaranteed income. However factory work is not for everyone....you face a tough choice

Think about it - whats best for you?
which makes you more money and more security?

In the 6 months you will get £7.5K

Can you make this or more in 3 months doing what you are now?

You can always take this on for the 3 months and see how much work you turn down - you can also stay S/E and do electrical work in your spare time (weekends and afternoons) - then when these 3 months are up just go back to the electrics.

Is there any chance of this 3 months becoming permanent? - another thing to think of.

Just to let you know I have been S/E for last 4 years and never signed off even after I closed my last company down- you just have to do your own accounts - easy and you get a tax rebate if you are due one!

cheers lads, considered all these points too, I've had the nod it will become permanent, but like you say, after all these years of different jobs each day or week, in different places, will I actually like it.
But the economy as we all know is pooped, it might be too good to turn down.

Each to their own pal but if it were me I'd run a mile....
Trundle round the same old factory, day in, day out, watching the minutes tick by like hours waiting for something to pack up?
Go from being my own boss to just another cog in a machine completely at the mercy of others?
No thanks
Rememeber once you leave self employment for a full time position, it would be very hard to go back to if you ever wanted to. You're clients arn't just gonna sit there waiting loyally in the hope that you might one day return to them.

Sorry I ment 3 months not 6 months - not a clue why I put 6 months - lol

OP post said it was a 3 month post - im on another planet - got my 2391 exam tomoz

Reply to Leave being self employed? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net