Discuss Lightning conductor bonding in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Pete999

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Always bothered me when bonding the Earthing system in a building to the lightning conductor installation, it seemed odd to me. I went to Elex today and attended an NICEIC seminar about earthing, apparently Tony Cable is saying it's OK as long as you install a surge protector unit between the Lightning system and the earthing system, any thoughts????
Pete999

what the ---- is a surge device going to achieve on an non-energized earthing system lol ?

well if Tony the big nic kahuna said so it must be kosher , could be an all new type of pyhsics the schemes are developing.

;-)

He reckons it will stop any spurious currents coming into the building resulting from a lightning strike.

like this?

default.jpeg

I still think you might have misunderstood. By all means install surge protection on the incoming supply in the CU but please don't start installing surge arrestors anywhere near the lightning system.

Always bothered me when bonding the Earthing system in a building to the lightning conductor installation, it seemed odd to me. I went to Elex today and attended an NICEIC seminar about earthing, apparently Tony Cable is saying it's OK as long as you install a surge protector unit between the Lightning system and the earthing system, any thoughts????
Pete999

It's always seemed odd to me, that so many know so little about earthing and bonding. So it comes as no surprise to me, that the same applies to bonding lightning protection systems to the buildings MET!!

Someone has got this surge protection location very wrong!!! lol!!

Reply to Lightning conductor bonding in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net