Discuss Linking Channel fire alarm panels in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

Roger

Evening All,

I have 2 Channel Scimitar panels 8 and 4 zone serving two factory units approx 70 metres apart.They need to be linked .I have a spare zone on the 4 panel one ,do i use that as a input into my 8 panel one ?
I have auxiliary inputs and outputs on both panels,what goes where ?
Auxiliary fire output on larger 8 panels to class change input on smaller panel.

Advice welcome or local expert in the south east area please.

Also unit is inside factory which is obviously locked and not easily accessable out of hours,should panel be located in an enclosure on the outside so the services will be able to find it in the event of a alarm being activated.
Saw one on the outside of the shop in the middle of the high street the other day behind a glass cover so at least it could be seen by the services,compliance ?

Life's a education and it seems i have a long way to go sometimes !

Oh no nothing yet,not much on internet however Class change input is obvious(now) if used at a school or something as it can be put against a timer to use the bells to indicate a lesson/class change.

ok this will hopefully work !
Using the class change to 0v will enable the sounders to ring that are connected to the other panel.To make this happen connect a 24 volt relay across the remote output and auxiliary 24v output as when a alarm condition sounds a output voltage is triggered and the relay will operate.I use the remote output as this will let me manually trigger all sounders for building evacution
And then do the same on the other panel so basically i need a 4 core cable to join the 2 panels up.

Is this how it is done ?

I would strongly speak to manufactureres first as some panels cannot be done like this or you will have ring around where each will not reset without being done at the same time due to delay. not good when you can't stop the bells ringing when on your own (i was that monkey) who emptied the building when trying to test it. :(
Most modern panels have to use zone 1 for this looping via aux zone on each with EOL to stop this, as then they can be set with the dip switch for it, but some can be different so best find out first.

Reply to Linking Channel fire alarm panels in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net